1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Yet another Op Amp question. Damn I hate these things!

1. Nov 28, 2007 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 1, 2007 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You need to show some work before we can help. What are your thoughts about this problem? Look at some of the examples (links) in this thread to get some ideas of how to construct your post.
  4. Dec 1, 2007 #3
    I sugest you don't just remember the formula...try to understand the concept and the core characteristic...so that you can solve the harder problems...then you will love this thing.

Please see the attached for this problem and let me know if you have further questions.
    Remember try to understand the concept...don't just try to remember it.:smile:

Attached Files:

5. Dec 1, 2007 #4
    Always start by identifying configuration/mode of operation the OP-AMP is working in.Then begin accounting for each resistance till you reduce it down to an expression....

An OP-AMP is basically a high gain amplifier...you'd do good to find out the gain since the output is essentially a magnified version of the input,either same phase or inverted....I'm just done with a whole semster of OP-AMP's and timers...it's not as bad as you think:)
  6. Dec 2, 2007 #5
    Your answer

Sorry for the bad handwriting! LOL

To check: Basically Vo= Vplus-Vminus. The voltage at Vminus is set by the resistive divider. So is the voltage at Vx

Hope this helps. Op amps will save your life man. Just let 'em grow on you.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2007
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?