Yet Another Personality Quiz

• Thread starter FZ+
  • Start date
WE ARE INTJ ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

hypnagogue
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Unlike all you integers out there, I'm a complex number.

Hahah. Just kiddin'.

Depending on how I pick a couple of questions that could go either way, I'm either INFP or INTP. Very expressed I, slight N and F/T, and moderate P. After reading the qualitative descriptions I lean more towards INTP, although I have scored strongly for INFP in the past.

Last edited:
I've taken a variant of the Myers-Briggs test before (in the book What Type Am I? which also deals with the Enneagram), and had the same result as I did on this test: INTP.

Strong on all of them except for the P part...I think it was like 52 or 56 percent.

An interesting little point: Almost everyone here is an introvert...basically, if you have no social life, come join us at the PFs!

slightly expressed introvert.

slightly expressed sensing personality.

slightly expressed feeling personality.

slightly expressed perceiving personality.

A composer? really? i havent composed anything in my life!

Originally posted by hypnagogue
Unlike all you integers out there, I'm a complex number.

Hahah. Just kiddin'.

Depending on how I pick a couple of questions that could go either way, I'm either INFP or INTP. Very expressed I, slight N and F/T, and moderate P. After reading the qualitative descriptions I lean more towards INTP, although I have scored strongly for INFP in the past.

Hey, this is exactly what happened to me. Identical (two) outcomes
Though I believe this type of psych. test has some merit, it also has a few limitations, in my opinion: It lacks sensitivity to important contextual disparity, i.e: attitude and behavior at work versus in a leisurely setting. I may be orderly and obsessed at work but “let it all go” at home, planning nothing. There are a few questions about social behav. in this test that were confounding. For example, what if I love to be the center of attention part of the time, and the rest of the time I avoid it like the plague? These were nearly impossible for me to approximate ...

Another problem: The goal of the test is to assign a set of general attitudes and inclinations to people (I assume), as if humans inhabit a reality lacking the dimension of time and time’s profound affect on the personality. I know my answers would have been very different (on many of the q’s) even three years ago. Health changes alone can affect basic attitudes.

Umm ...I know one of my weaknesses is being overly-analytical, so maybe I’m just in the minority of you guys who found ya had a hard time answering these questions or getting consistent results. Either way, I did had a fun time with it!

Last edited:
hypnagogue
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Originally posted by Mentat
An interesting little point: Almost everyone here is an introvert...basically, if you have no social life, come join us at the PFs!

I have a social life, I just prefer to focus it on my inner (no pun intended) circle.

Actually if you read the description for the introvert/extrovert personality trait (http://keirsey.com/pumII/ei.html [Broken]) it gives a nice metaphor. It describes ex/introversion as the propensity to 'having your batteries recharged' by social contact/private time. So an extrovert is one whose energy is drained by seclusion and recharged by extensive social contact, and vice versa for the introvert.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just took the test! Result came out and turns out that I am INTJ too! I was not really surprised at being labelled an introvert as all the teachers at my school frown upon that bit of my personality.

Ok, how many of you laughed when you saw the name "Joe Butt" as the author of that analysis?

Anyway, I think he pegged me better than the other guy...especially on the kind of games I like to play.

Of course, the other one did get the "seems arrogant" part right...and I don't mind being compared to Galileo and Einstein to badly :smile:.