Has tribdog ever come close to exploding something?

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary, an expert summarizer was given the job of telling people where to put their explosives so they can blow up a little mountain. He was up on top of the mountain and had one more point to set. He had to make the choice of taking the long and easy route back the way he'd come or the quick and deadly path. He chose quick and deadly and slipped stepped down the mountain, hit the bottom, and almost tripped. He then ran fast enough for his feet to catch up to his head and almost made it to the point. He stepped on a rock that rolled over and he went down and smacked his knee on another rock. He then wrote a message to let people know he was going to blow something
tribdog
Today I was given the job of telling people where to put their explosives so they can blow up a little mountain. Naturally I'm running around, up and down the mountain to get these points in a quickly as possible so I can see something explode. I was up on top of the mountain and I only had one more point to set. It was only about 50 feet away, but that 50 feet just happened to be straight down. I had to make the choice of taking the long and easy route back the way I'd come or the quick and deadly path. I chose quick and deadly. I stepped off the side and immediately started a mini avalance. I was skiing as much as stepping, It was actually pretty fun. You ever use those horizontal people movers in airports or other big buildings? You know when you step off the moving belt and onto nonmoving ground and you always almost trip? I slipped stepped down the mountain, then hit the bottom and almost tripped. My only saving move was to try running fast enought for my feet to catch up to my head. I almost made it to, then I stepped on a rock that rolled over and I went down and smacked my knee on another rock. I hate hitting my knees on things, but I'll live. The real reason I wrote this message was to let you all know...I"M GONNA BLOW SOMETHING UP!

Physics news on Phys.org
I knew when I saw the title of this thread that I just shouldn't even look.

Okay, well, when you go blow up that mountain, can you take along Live Fast Die Young with you? He needs a lesson on how to do a better job killing himself. He failed miserably on his last attempt and you could probably teach him a trick or two. Then again, you keep surviving these episodes too...cats have 9 lives, how many lives do tribdogs have?

millions, and every one devoted to you.

Seriously though, how are you still alive?

And yeah, take that kid with you. Really. That or petition to give me mentor powers so i can take care of him.

how on Earth do you get into situations where you're asked to blow up a mountain?!

because that's a win.

relskid said:
how on Earth do you get into situations where you're asked to blow up a mountain?!

because that's a win.
lol, I'm either really good at what I do, or easy to replace. Haven't figured it out yet.

Well, hitting the ground from more than 10 feet (done that 3 times, one time sideways) certainly hurts, especially when the ground is hard dry clay and rock.

Being electrocuted with about 10-20 amps at 440 volts certainly hurts - leaves an interesting odor in the nostrils and on the tongue for days - not to mention the sensation in the muscles and internal organs.

But probably the most pain was experienced while being in car that got broadsided by a truck (cement mixer), which propelled the car into a telephone pole, bouncing around the interior of the car, getting a face, mouth, scalp and neck full of glass shards, having the tissue of the nose torn away, and then having surgery to remove the glass, reattach the tissue of the nose, and suture all the lacerations without anesthesia because the doctors were worried about a concussion. Yeah, that was pretty painful.

Needless to say, I have developed a high tolerance to pain. :biggrin:

tribdog said:
lol, I'm either really good at what I do, or easy to replace. Haven't figured it out yet.

Did they give you a different color shirt from all the other crew? (Star Trek reference). :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
Being electrocuted with about 10-20 amps at 440 volts certainly hurts - leaves an interesting odor in the nostrils and on the tongue for days - not to mention the sensation in the muscles and internal organs.
Didn't we tell you that electroejaculator is NOT A TOY? :eek: :rofl: :rofl:

Moonbear said:
Did they give you a different color shirt from all the other crew? (Star Trek reference). :biggrin:
no, but my paychecks are made out to: Next of Kin

tribdog said:

I would hope so, otherwise they might never get any inheritance.

tribdog said:

When are you blowing up the mountain? Tsu, we may need to move up that wedding date! I hope you're feeling well enough to perform the ceremony now. :rofl:

Moonbear said:
When are you blowing up the mountain? Tsu, we may need to move up that wedding date! I hope you're feeling well enough to perform the ceremony now. :rofl:
I'm ready anytime! Good Lord! V-Day is 10 days away! I need to hit the Nirvana website! Have any of you made any plans for the RV trip? You'd better get on it! I'm not on PF enough right now to do much planning, so it's all up to you! I'm still busy getting ready for my trip (now that I'm off the damn Nyquil! :rofl:)to see my nephew in Pearl Harbor. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Tsu said:
I'm ready anytime! Good Lord! V-Day is 10 days away! I need to hit the Nirvana website! Have any of you made any plans for the RV trip? You'd better get on it! I'm not on PF enough right now to do much planning, so it's all up to you! I'm still busy getting ready for my trip (now that I'm off the damn Nyquil! :rofl:)to see my nephew in Pearl Harbor. :biggrin: :biggrin:
TSU! I was just thinking of you. Today I ran across some Nirvana chocolate in the store and was SO tempted to buy it just to see what it was like. But OH MY GOODNESS - it was FIVE DOLLARS just for one tiny hollow chocolate heart. WOW!
oh, how I wish someone loved me and would give me Nirvana chocolates. That would be so awesome. How lucky you are to have Ivan who buys you truckloads of the stuff!

Last edited:
Tsu and I will send you some for your birthday :smile: ...which I see is coming up fairly soon.

It's priced competitively when you buy direct, online.

Last edited:
How is it that these girls turn every thread into a discussion about chocolate, I think you lot need help.

Smurf said:
How is it that these girls turn every thread into a discussion about chocolate, I think you lot need help.

We freely admit to being chocoholics. We're just not willing to kick the habit. :rofl:

Ivan Seeking said:
Tsu and I will send you some for your birthday :smile: ...which I see is coming up fairly soon.

That means $4 for one of those pieces.

Ivan Seeking said:

Oh, BOY! NIRVANA! :smile:

Smurf's right. This is tribdog's thread. I shouldn't be going on about chocolate.
Actually I never even bothered to read the original post, but since it was from trib -

Sorry about your injury, tribdog. Hope you feel better.​

There that should cover it. The Hallmark all-occasion greeting card for tribdogs.
:biggrin:

Math Is Hard said:
Actually I never even bothered to read the original post, but since it was from trib -

Sorry about your injury, tribdog. Hope you feel better.​

There that should cover it. The Hallmark all-occasion greeting card for tribdogs.
:biggrin:

:rofl: You really should read it so you know to avoid any mountains in AZ in the near future. Not only did he injure himself, but they're putting him in charge of blowing something up...on purpose! This explosion should make headlines. :eek:

So, once again, guys, I'm taking applications. I just need to quickly marry tribdog, wait for the explosion, collect the life insurance, and I'll be a rich widow. Why marry an old guy when I can catch a tribdog? :tongue2:

I wonder if it might be a helpful national safety service to post a website showing a map of:

1) tribdog's location
2) any locations where tribdog might be in charge of blowing something up
?

Math Is Hard said:
I wonder if it might be a helpful national safety service to post a website showing a map of:

1) tribdog's location
2) any locations where tribdog might be in charge of blowing something up
?

:rofl: Wouldn't #1 automatically lead to #2 in most cases? I hope that construction company has their insurance all paid up. :eek:

I would hope that in case #2 he'd be standing at a very clear distance and calling in the detonation order, but I guess you never know!

MIH, ask yourself.. Has tribdog ever stand at a very clear distance to anything explosive?

1. What are the most common causes of pain?

The most common causes of pain can vary depending on the individual and their specific circumstances. However, some of the most frequent causes include injury, illness, inflammation, nerve damage, and chronic conditions such as arthritis.

2. How does pain affect the body?

Pain can affect the body in various ways, including physical discomfort, emotional distress, and changes in behavior or function. Chronic pain can also have long-term effects on the nervous system and overall health.

3. What are some effective ways to manage pain?

There are several ways to manage pain, including over-the-counter or prescription medication, physical therapy, relaxation techniques, and alternative treatments such as acupuncture or massage. It's important to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the best treatment plan for your specific pain.

4. Can pain be prevented?

In some cases, pain can be prevented by making healthy lifestyle choices such as maintaining a balanced diet and exercising regularly. Avoiding injury and practicing proper ergonomics can also help prevent pain. However, some types of pain may be unavoidable.

5. When should I seek medical attention for pain?

If you experience severe or persistent pain, it's important to seek medical attention. Additionally, if your pain is accompanied by other symptoms such as fever, numbness, or difficulty breathing, it's essential to seek immediate medical help.