Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Your favorite Simpson's quote

1. Dec 6, 2011 #1
    Ok, I have two (kinda cheating)

"Dear Mr. President, there are too many states nowadays. Please, eliminate three. P.S. I am not a crackpot." -Abe Simpson

"Remember the time when he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why'd I have the bowl, Bart? Why'd I have the bowl?" -Milhouse

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 6, 2011 #2
    Sorry, I can resist as I think of more and am just laughing to myself

"Man, I'm too drunk to drive. Wait a minute, I'm drunk, I shouldn't listen to myself" -Homer

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows" -Bart

4. Dec 6, 2011 #3
    Marge offering British English to American English translations to Lisa:

"...and botulism is called steak and kidney pie."

5. Dec 6, 2011 #4
    "Your theory of a donut shaped universe is intriguing, Homer. I may have to steal it". -- Stephen Hawking

6. Dec 6, 2011 #5

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Here’s to alcohol, the cause of — and solution to — all life’s problems. -Homer

7. Dec 7, 2011 #6
    Homer to Marge, reading the label on the bottle of pills he found and decided to try.

"But Marge, you don't know, maybe I'm not getting enough e-stro-gen"

8. Dec 7, 2011 #7
    Pretty much anything grampa Simpson says here, like "My story begins in nineteen-dickety-two. We had to say 'dickety' because the Kaiser had stolen our word 'twenty'."

9. Dec 13, 2011 #8
    In America

10. Feb 17, 2012 #9
    Homer: [shows into the mirror] Hi, Mr. Burns! You want your coffee now?
    Burns: Uh, no. I'm making it myself! [takes a coffeepot, rattles it] Hear that? The percolations are imminent! No need to come in. Cease your ingress!

Homer walks in later, to see Burns surrounded by coffee, sacks and beans spilled almost everywhere.

Burns: Stay back Homer, approach no further, coffee's already made. I stomped the beans myself.
    Homer: Uh, well, can I at least drive you home, Mr. Burns? It's 5:00.
    Burns: No! I thought, uh, I thought I'd chauffeur myself this evening. Yes, that's what I thought. How difficult could it be? I'm sure the manual will indicate which lever is the velocitator and which is the deceleratrix, hmm?

(from "Homer The Smithers")

11. Feb 26, 2012 #10
    Homer: Kids, there's three ways to do things; the right way, the wrong way and the Max Power way!
    Bart: Isn't that the wrong way?
    Homer: Yeah, but faster!

12. Mar 1, 2012 #11
    Flanders
    'I've done everything the Bible says to do, even the stuff that contradicts the other stuff!'

I didn't actually see this one, but the internet just told me about it:

Homer
    'Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!'

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  13. Apr 4, 2012 #12
    Homer muses to himself while watching The Three Stooges:

"Moe is their leader."

14. May 4, 2012 #13
    'To Start Press Any Key'. Where's the ANY key?
    - Homer

15. May 4, 2012 #14

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

"So y = r cubed over 3. And if you determine the rate of change in this curve correctly, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. ........ Don't you get it, Bart? Differential dy = 3 r squared dr over 3, or r squared dr, or r dr r." - Bart's teacher at the Enriched Learning Center for Gifted Children

Lisa: I'm studying for the Math Fair. If I win I'll bring home a protractor.
    Homer: Too bad we don't live on a farm.

16. May 4, 2012 #15

Borek

Staff: Mentor

"They have internet on computers now?"

Useless trivia: did you know I have never watched a single episode of Simpsons?

17. Sep 1, 2012 #16
    It is not a quote per se, but I love the episode where Homer makes a grill for Lisa....or at least tries to.
    Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnN8k9JRihs&feature=related
    I die laughing everytime....my favorite lines are:
    "Le grill, what the hell is that?"
    "Why is life so hard?!? Why must I fail at every attempt at masonry?"
    and
    his battle cry at the end with the umbrella :)

18. Sep 1, 2012 #17

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Me flunk English? That's unpossible!

19. Sep 1, 2012 #18
    There's a restaurant I drive by on occasion called Grille 26 and I always think of that Simpsons quote when I see their logo.

20. Sep 3, 2012 #19
    Homer: "You don’t win friends with salad"

21. Sep 21, 2012 #20
    Scenes in The Simpsons episode "Treehouse of Horror V":

"Damn it, Smithers, this isn't rocket science; it's brain surgery!"

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg329/scaled.php?server=329&filename=simpsonsbrainsurgery1qk.jpg&res=landing [Broken]

"Eh, close enough.". I just love that scene. You just have to watch it... :)

From above:

Both are quotes a bunch of the world lives by... LOVE THEM BOTH! lol :D

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook