Live Scribe Pen: Note Taking Reviews

• Thread starter SuperMiguel
  • Start date
In summary, the Live Scribe Pen uses a special paper with embedded microdots and a built-in microphone to record and store everything you write or draw. It requires this special paper to function properly. The audio recording feature allows you to review your notes and the corresponding audio simultaneously. The pen is compatible with various devices and has a battery life of up to 14 hours with a standby mode to conserve battery.
SuperMiguel
Any of you guys used it for note taking?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
No, but here are some good reviews

pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2368972,00.asp

The review is interesting, but I am just not a fan of the pen for a couple of reasons.

1) I don't like the size of the pen.

2) I would rather just use my iPad to take notes.

1. How does the Live Scribe Pen work?

The Live Scribe Pen uses a small infrared camera and a special paper with embedded microdots to record and store everything you write or draw. The pen also has a microphone to capture audio while you take notes.

2. Can the Live Scribe Pen be used without special paper?

No, the Live Scribe Pen requires special paper with embedded microdots in order to function properly. This is because the pen uses the microdots to track and record your writing or drawing.

3. How does the audio recording feature work?

The Live Scribe Pen has a built-in microphone that records audio while you take notes. When you tap on your notes with the pen, it will play back the corresponding audio recording, allowing you to review your notes and the audio simultaneously.

4. Is the Live Scribe Pen compatible with other devices?

Yes, the Live Scribe Pen can be used with a variety of devices, including computers, smartphones, and tablets. You can transfer your notes and recordings to these devices using the Live Scribe app or by connecting the pen to your device via USB.

5. How long does the battery last on the Live Scribe Pen?

The battery life of the Live Scribe Pen can vary depending on usage, but on average it can last for up to 14 hours of continuous use. The pen also has a standby mode to conserve battery when not in use.