TI-89- How do I make programs?

In summary, the conversation discusses creating a program that takes two vectors, A and B, and returns the square root of (A^2 + B^2). The solution is to refer to the TI-89 Titanium Guidebook for instructions on programming and to use the simple program provided for the desired result.
Peppino
I would like to make a program for which you give two vectors, A and B, and it returns (A^2 + B^2)^0.5. How can I do this?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Go here

http://education.ti.com/guidebooks/graphing/89ti/TI89TitaniumGuidebook_Part2_EN.pdf

and scroll down the left hand column table of contents until you get to Programming. Then open up that section of the manual with a click. Step through the introduction page by page and it will show you how to enter and later run a program or function of your own.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks.

If you just want a simple program...

:Prompt a,b
:Disp (a^2-b^2)^.5

Now, that is the most basic version, and not very good looking, but it will get the job done.

There are several steps you can follow to create a program on your TI-89 that calculates (A^2 + B^2)^0.5 for two given vectors, A and B.

1. First, press the "Apps" button on your TI-89 and select "New..." to create a new program.

2. Give your program a name, such as "Vector Magnitude," and press enter.

3. Next, you will need to define your two vectors, A and B. To do this, press the "Vars" button and select "Vector." Press enter to create a new vector and give it a name, such as "A." Repeat this step to create a vector named "B."

4. Now, you will need to input the values for your vectors. Press the "2nd" button and then "F1" to access the "Vec" menu. Select "Input" and enter the values for vector A. Repeat this step to input the values for vector B.

5. Next, you will need to calculate the magnitude of each vector. To do this, use the formula (A^2 + B^2)^0.5. You can do this by pressing the "2nd" button and then "F3" to access the "MATH" menu. Scroll down to select the "^" symbol and enter the values for A and B inside the parentheses.

6. Finally, to display the final result, use the "Disp" command and enter the calculated magnitude for each vector.

Your program is now complete! You can test it out by entering different values for vectors A and B and it will return the magnitude of the two vectors. Remember to save your program by pressing the "F1" button and selecting "Save" before exiting.

1. How do I create a new program on my TI-89 calculator?

To create a new program on your TI-89 calculator, follow these steps:

• Press the "PRGM" button on your calculator.
  • Select "NEW" from the menu.
  • Give your program a name using the keypad.
  • Press "ENTER" to confirm the name.
  • You can now begin writing your program using the calculator's programming language.

2. How do I edit an existing program on my TI-89 calculator?

To edit an existing program on your TI-89 calculator, follow these steps:

• Select the program you want to edit from the list.
  • Press the "F1" button to enter the edit mode.
  • You can now make changes to the program using the keypad.
  • Press "ENTER" to save your changes.

3. How do I run a program on my TI-89 calculator?

To run a program on your TI-89 calculator, follow these steps:

• Select the program you want to run from the list.
  • Press "ENTER" to execute the program.
  • If the program requires any input, use the keypad to enter the values.
  • The program will run and display the output on the screen.

4. How do I delete a program on my TI-89 calculator?

To delete a program on your TI-89 calculator, follow these steps:

• Select the program you want to delete from the list.
  • Press the "F1" button to enter the edit mode.
  • Press "F6" to select the "DELETE" option.
  • Confirm the deletion by pressing "ENTER".

5. How do I transfer programs from my computer to my TI-89 calculator?

To transfer programs from your computer to your TI-89 calculator, you will need a USB cable and the TI Connect software. Follow these steps:

• Connect your calculator to your computer using the USB cable.
  • Open the TI Connect software on your computer.
  • Select the program you want to transfer from your computer and click on the "Send to Calculators" button.
  • Choose your TI-89 calculator as the destination and click on "Send".
  • The program will be transferred to your calculator and will be ready to use.