What Are the Units for Document Borders in MS Word?

• Thread starter rclakmal
  • Start date
In summary, the unit used in Ms word for document borders is points (pts). To have a border 10mm away from the page corner, you can use approximately 28pts. However, the maximum number of points for a margin in Ms word is 31, so a 20mm left margin is not possible.
rclakmal
hey this may be a foolish question ...but i want to know what is the unit used in Ms word for declare the of document borders ?what should i do if i want to have a particular border 10mm away from the page corner ?how can i convert so called unit "pt" to milimeters ...its huge question for me ...help needed

Computer science news on Phys.org
1 inch is equal to 72 points (pts), and 1 inch is equal to 25.4 mm, so there are roughly 3 points per mm.

thanks ...so is it possible to have a left margin=20mm and all the other 3 margins are 10 mm in A4 print out ...

10mm is not a problem i can use approx 28pts to represent it ,but 20 mm is not possible because max no of pts is 31 in Ms word margin ,,,,,,,,,am i correct ?/or is there any other method to do it?

1. What are MS Word border units?

MS Word border units refer to the measurement system used to define the size of borders in a document. These units can be adjusted to customize the thickness and style of borders in a Word document.

2. How do I change the border units in MS Word?

To change the border units in MS Word, go to the "Page Layout" tab, click on "Page Borders," and then select the "Border and Shading Options" tab. From there, you can select the desired unit of measurement for your borders.

3. What are the different border unit options in MS Word?

The different border unit options in MS Word include points, inches, centimeters, millimeters, and picas. These units can be used to measure the thickness of borders in a document.

4. How can I adjust the thickness of a border in MS Word?

To adjust the thickness of a border in MS Word, select the border and then go to the "Page Borders" option under the "Page Layout" tab. From there, you can change the thickness of the border by selecting a specific measurement or by adjusting the slider.

5. Can I use custom border units in MS Word?

Yes, you can use custom border units in MS Word by selecting the "Custom" option under the "Page Borders" menu. From there, you can enter your desired unit of measurement and use it to adjust the borders in your document.