Alienware Aurora 9700 Troubleshooting Help

• Thread starter Tyler Wayne
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Aurora
In summary, the conversation revolved around an Alienware Aurora 9700 computer that had a malfunctioning graphics card which was replaced by the owner's father. However, due to the application of too much thermal paste, the board was fried and the computer was abandoned a year ago. Recently, the speaker took the computer out of storage and noticed that the power button was glowing, but pushing it did not turn on the computer. They are unsure if the issue is caused by the damaged graphics card or something else. The attached image is a photo of the computer screen with a glowing red power button and an unknown blue light. They are seeking help to identify the issue.
Tyler Wayne
My father brought an Alienware Aurora 9700 after many years of service it's graphics card gave in. He replaced it with another but he applied to much thermal past which spilt off and fried the board. I don't know all the facts because he gave up on it a year ago. Today I took it out of cupboard and examined it, when I plugged it in, the power button started to glow
ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1371150902.442206.jpg
but when I pushed it nothing happened, is this because if the damaged graphics card or could something else be wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1371150878.858120.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1371150878.858120.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 431
Computer science news on Phys.org
What are we looking at in the attached image? Is this a photo of the screen?

Yes that is a photo of the screen and the red light is the power button glowing, I'm not sure what the glowing blue light is.

1. What should I do if my Alienware Aurora 9700 won't turn on?

If your Alienware Aurora 9700 won't turn on, the first thing to check is the power source. Make sure the power cord is securely plugged in and that the outlet is working. If the power source is not the issue, try resetting the computer by holding down the power button for at least 10 seconds. If the problem persists, it may be a hardware issue and you should contact Alienware for further assistance.

2. How can I fix a blue screen error on my Alienware Aurora 9700?

Blue screen errors, also known as the "blue screen of death," can be caused by a variety of issues such as hardware failure, software conflicts, or corrupt system files. To troubleshoot this issue, try booting your computer in safe mode and running a virus scan. You can also try restoring your computer to an earlier point in time when it was functioning properly. If these steps do not resolve the issue, it may be necessary to consult with a computer technician.

3. My Alienware Aurora 9700 is running slow, what can I do?

There are a few things you can do to improve the performance of your Alienware Aurora 9700. First, make sure you have enough free space on your hard drive. You can also try running a disk cleanup and defragmentation to optimize your computer's speed. Additionally, check for any background programs or processes that may be using up your computer's resources and close them if necessary. If none of these solutions work, it may be time to upgrade your hardware or consult with a technician.

4. How do I update the drivers on my Alienware Aurora 9700?

To update the drivers on your Alienware Aurora 9700, you can go to the Alienware website and download the latest drivers for your specific model. You can also use the Device Manager in the Control Panel to check for and install any available updates. It is important to keep your drivers up to date to ensure optimal performance and compatibility with your hardware and software.

5. Can I upgrade the components on my Alienware Aurora 9700?

Yes, you can upgrade certain components on your Alienware Aurora 9700 such as the RAM, hard drive, and graphics card. However, it is important to check the compatibility of the new components with your specific model before making any upgrades. You can also consult with a technician for assistance with upgrading your computer.