Ansys Maxwell - Read Property

In summary, to read properties from the Electronic Desktop, you can use the GetPropertyValue method and specify the property name as the first parameter.
Edwin1966
Hello

How can i read Properties from Electronic Desktop?

I think, i has to use the GetPropertyValue methode, but i don't know how to parameterize.

As example the speed parameter. This parameter can be wirtten als follows, but how is it read?

oDesign.ChangeProperty Array("NAME:AllTabs", Array("NAME:General", Array("NAME:PropServers", _
"AnalysisSetup:Setup1"), Array("NAME:ChangedProps", Array("NAME:Rated Speed", "Value:=", _
"4800rpm"))))

Thanks, kind regards.

Engineering news on Phys.org
To read the property value, you can use the GetPropertyValue function of the Electronic Desktop.You can specify the property name in the first parameter and it will return the value associated with the property. For example, you can use the following code to get the speed property value:

Dim SpeedValue as String
SpeedValue = oDesign.GetPropertyValue("Rated Speed")

What is Ansys Maxwell?

Ansys Maxwell is a software program used for electromagnetic field simulations. It is commonly used in the design and analysis of electrical and electronic systems.

How does Ansys Maxwell work?

Ansys Maxwell uses finite element analysis (FEA) to solve complex electromagnetic problems. It uses a meshing algorithm to divide the problem into smaller elements, and then uses numerical methods to solve for the electric and magnetic fields at each element. The results are then combined to provide a complete solution.

What is the purpose of "Read Property" in Ansys Maxwell?

The "Read Property" function in Ansys Maxwell allows users to import material properties for different materials into their simulation. This allows for more accurate and realistic simulations, as the properties of different materials can greatly affect the behavior of electromagnetic fields.

Can I use Ansys Maxwell for my specific project?

Ansys Maxwell is a versatile software program that can be used for a wide range of projects, including designing and analyzing motors, transformers, sensors, and more. It is commonly used in industries such as automotive, aerospace, and electronics. If you are unsure if Ansys Maxwell is suitable for your project, it is recommended to consult with an experienced user or the Ansys support team.

Is Ansys Maxwell user-friendly for beginners?

Ansys Maxwell can be complex and may require some time to learn for beginners. However, it offers a user-friendly interface and a variety of tutorials and resources to help new users get started. With practice and experience, users can become proficient in using Ansys Maxwell for their simulations.