Ansys OR solidworks simulation

In summary, when it comes to simulation for design optimization, it is recommended to use ANSYS over Solidworks due to its advanced capabilities and better pre- and post-processing tools, especially for larger and more complex models.
mamadou zein
peace be upon you:
i am working in design i have finished drawings using sloidworks and about to do simulation
and i need advice which is better ansys or SW simulaion
hint : i need accurate results to do optimization for design in the future
thx in advance

Engineering news on Phys.org
mamadou zein said:
peace be upon you:
i am working in design i have finished drawings using sloidworks and about to do simulation
and i need advice which is better ansys or SW simulaion
hint : i need accurate results to do optimization for design in the future
thx in advance

I have not worked with Ansys before but I assure you that Solidworks simulation is rather easy to use and "user-friendly" and has way high capabilities.

Last edited:
Zein i guess ANSYS will do more justice if in case your model is quite big (even a large assembly).Solidworks although gives you lot of flexibilty in modeling but will lag behind ANSYS pre-processing capabilities.Also i guess ANSYS will give you better post processing tools (let us say contact problems)

kapilreca said:
Zein i guess ANSYS will do more justice if in case your model is quite big (even a large assembly).Solidworks although gives you lot of flexibilty in modeling but will lag behind ANSYS pre-processing capabilities.Also i guess ANSYS will give you better post processing tools (let us say contact problems)

I totally agree

Related to Ansys OR solidworks simulation

1. What is the difference between Ansys and Solidworks Simulation?

Ansys and Solidworks Simulation are both software tools used for engineering simulation and analysis. However, Ansys is a general-purpose simulation software that can handle a wide range of engineering problems, while Solidworks Simulation is specifically designed for mechanical and structural analysis.

2. What types of simulations can be performed using Ansys or Solidworks Simulation?

Ansys and Solidworks Simulation both offer a variety of simulation capabilities, including structural, thermal, fluid dynamics, and electromagnetic simulations. These tools can be used to analyze the behavior and performance of different engineering systems and components.

3. Can Ansys and Solidworks Simulation be used for both static and dynamic analysis?

Yes, both Ansys and Solidworks Simulation offer capabilities for both static and dynamic analysis. Static analysis is used to evaluate the behavior of a system under a constant load, while dynamic analysis can model the impact of varying loads and environmental conditions on the system.

4. How accurate are the results obtained from Ansys or Solidworks Simulation?

The accuracy of the results obtained from Ansys or Solidworks Simulation depends on various factors such as the complexity of the problem, the quality of the input data, and the chosen simulation settings. However, both software tools are widely used in the engineering industry and have been validated through experimental testing.

5. Can Ansys or Solidworks Simulation be used for optimization and design exploration?

Yes, both Ansys and Solidworks Simulation offer optimization and design exploration capabilities. These tools can be used to explore different design options and find the optimal solution based on predefined criteria, such as weight reduction or improved performance.