Are you single, married, or do you have a gf/bf?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
In summary: I am content with my current situation.I'm content with my current situation.I'm single and content with it.In summary, being single sucks.

What is your status?

• Single

Votes: 65 54.2%
  • Married

Votes: 29 24.2%
  • GF/BF or significant other

Votes: 26 21.7%

• Total voters
Cyrus said:
I had to tell them, your nice but I am sorry. I am not attracted to you, I am not going to date you.

The funny part is that they will keep trying!

Physics news on Phys.org
JasonRox said:

Its kind of pathetic really. I said no to one girl, and when she's around she sits close to me. I got mad and got up and sat across the room. I don't want you all over me, I said no. Respect my decision.

JasonRox said:

and they'll do it again, even after they've done it many times before

rewebster said:
and they'll do it again, even after they've done it many times before

Haha, it's funny. Like the one girl who kept telling me to call her. The one time I was really drunk and I called her at like 4am, and she was willing to come over. Then I was like... wait, nevermind I'm going to bed.

Haha.

Cyrus, the best way to go is just ignore it.

Lol...
Cyrus said:
Whoa, let's count them

(1) - Nice skin
[a] No freckles
No moles
[c] No birthmarks
[d] No tattoos
[e] No major scars
[f] No non-standard piercings
(2) - Brunette
[a] No blondes
No redheads
[c] No dye jobs
(3) - Dress well
(4) - Look 'natural'

Fixed. I'm just assuming on (1)[e]&[f] and (2)[c] based on other opinions you have expressed. And I'm pretty sure there are other preferences you have that you haven't mentioned. Particularly I am sure there are plenty of subsections for sections (3) and (4). :wink:

TheStatutoryApe said:
Lol...

Fixed. I'm just assuming on (1)[e]&[f] and (2)[c] based on other opinions you have expressed. And I'm pretty sure there are other preferences you have that you haven't mentioned. Particularly I am sure there are plenty of subsections for sections (3) and (4). :wink:

Wow, I didn't see that list.

I've seen some sexy redheads. You're missing out.

well, so, to sum it up, you want a woman that looks perfect (in your eyes/preferences) every time you see her--and when she doesn't look perfect, you're going to dump her--

by applying those standards on the women you see, it does 'control' her to be perfect for you--so, she is, more or less, a slave to and for beauty for you--

and people who control or who want 'things to be perfect' usually have learned that control and have been controlled themselves---it is really based on insecurity (as you tried to project onto me)---the over pre-occupation with 'women' having to be exactly the 'way' that you want will lead to a lot of problems down the road, and there may be a more underlaying reason for you to 'reject' so many women for such small reasons.

Cyrus said:
Good height, nice tan skin, long legs, nice back.

I think Cyrus wants to date himself.

You're a narcissist, Cyrus. That's all there is to it. :tongue:

I would actually like to see cyrus fall head over heels in love for a woman! That would be so funny.

But I think that everyone is entitled to their own flavour and criterias for a partner. Some of us have pretty high standards, some don't. It depends on our life experience. When I were younger I would probably go at it like you cyrus and be really picky with looks, ambition and whatnot. But as I grow older I have also grown to accept that compatibility is also very important, but if they are really bad at sex, look like a heap of trash and have the ambition of a basement dweller, then it's not for me.

Being picky with women is having respect for yourself, not being narcissistic.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Lol...

I'd say you got (1) pretty close.

(2) Close. Now, there is the occasional blonde or red head that are hot. But most of the time, I don't find them as attractive on average as brunettes. Its probably because I am middle eastern I like darker hair. As for part [c], it really depends on age. I have one friend she dies her hair really really blonde from time to time. It looks damn horrible, and her hair looks very nice the way it is. I've noticed most older women tend to have their hair their natural color.

(3) Dress well, but that does not mean expensive. Wear something nice when I take you out. Its not too much to ask. I see a large number of girls on campus walking around in guy shorts and t-shirts. They look like boys with pony-tails. :yuck: They make shorts for women. They look good. Please wear them ladies, it shows off your nice legs because they are shorter than guy shorts.

(4) Is a great plus. Man so many girls wear nail polish on their hands and feet. But then they pick at it and it chips away and they don't do anything to fix it and it looks disgusting. I think your hands and feet look fine the way they were made. I wouldn't want someone so fussy with their nails. Just leave them alone, and make sure they are clean. Simple.

Notice, these are all really simple simple things, yet a LOT of people don't do them. They overdo themselves and the end result is they look far worse than if they had just left themselves alone and been subtle.

Fearless said:
Being picky with women is having respect for yourself, not being narcissistic.

The tongue smiley means I'm kidding.

Math Is Hard said:
The tongue smiley means I'm kidding.

MIH is the one and only hot blonde though. :biggrin:

(Is moonbear blonde too? )

MIH: Yeah, I shouldn't have used the word narcissistic, but it actually got the sentence to sound better. I wasn't really aiming that at anyone in particular.

Cyrus: So, from a curious view, have you ever felt true undying love?

Math Is Hard said:
I think Cyrus wants to date himself.

You're a narcissist, Cyrus. That's all there is to it. :tongue:

:rofl:
I'm going to buy him a mirror for his birthday!

The part that makes me laugh the most is that Cyrus wants a woman with perfect skin, would dump her as soon as she has a blemish, but also wants them tan. I guess he's not at all interested in a long-term relationship, because all those tanned women are the ones who will wind up with more and more blemishes and wrinkles as they get older. And, of course if you're not looking for anything long term, that's fine, just say so. For example, Jason Rox is pretty clear about that, he's not looking for a relationship, just someone hot for regular booty calls. :wink:

I'm just going to die laughing when one or the other of them falls head over heels in love with a blonde woman with freckles, pale skin, a little mole on her butt, and they can't bear to be away from her long. :biggrin:

Does anyone have a link to a photo of Cyrus please?

Nah, someone with normal skin like ours wouldn't be able to handle that kind of perfection, even if it was captured in a photograph.

Hey. Guess who probably has the perfect skin you are talking about.

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2008/michael-jackson-neverland.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a pic of http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/ugly3_lg.gif" with his lovely skin :wink:

Why are people giving cyrus a hard time? He has his own particular tastes for what he finds attractive, and he is aware of them. I don't see a problem with this. There is nothing wrong with being picky about a significant other, especially if the eventual goal is to marry. Maybe if more people knew exactly what they wanted in a mate (both looks and personality), the divorce rate wouldn't be so high.

It seems ridiculous to rag on cyrus for being pickier than average, when more than half of all marriages end in divorce anyways.

When someone sets impossibly high standards for their potential mate's appearance or social status, it reminds me of High School cliques. Suzy is the head cheerleader, so she is the Alpha female and any guy that can't get her has to "settle". Bill is the high-scoring point guard and the captain of the basketball team, and he is SOO handsome... When I went to my 10-year class reunion (the only one I went to), most of the "Suzys" and "Bills" had already been divorced and remarried and I didn't know half of the people there. Some of those people are now on their third or fourth marriages. Sad. Don't accessorize yourself with your mate. Beauty is transitory. Rodin got it right with his belle heaulmière.

NeoDevin said:
Why are people giving cyrus a hard time?
Out of love.
NeoDevin said:
...more than half of all marriages end in divorce anyways.
Which isn't too bad when you consider the other half end in ... death.

WarPhalange said:
Nah, someone with normal skin like ours wouldn't be able to handle that kind of perfection, even if it was captured in a photograph.

Hey. Guess who probably has the perfect skin you are talking about.

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2008/michael-jackson-neverland.jpg

Wow! This guy glows in the dark.
My mum lives on the hill one over from his old place. I bet she could have seen him walking about his grounds from her place when he was still there. (at night)

I should find Cyrus a Shirazian girl since the qualities he says mostly matches them! They don't need tan since their skin already look likes they have tan.:tongue:

turbo-1 said:
When someone sets impossibly high standards for their potential mate's appearance or social status, it reminds me of High School cliques.
When I read Cyrus' description, I thought of my own gf. Does it mean I am dating the perfect girl. I certainly think so :biggrin: But from an objective point of view, maybe I'm just blindly in love. I repeat N+1 times my opinion : you guys don't show respect for feelings, which only matter. Rationalizing them is possible and sometimes useful, but it only comes second and cannot change feelings. Rationalizing can change your behavior, and your open-mindness to feeling, but only in the future.

Kurdt said:
I have a pic of http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/ugly3_lg.gif" with his lovely skin :wink:

Aw, I can't get this link.
But I suppose after the the ex-playboy bunnies go south, and their counter parts employ live-in hydraulics experts.
If they are lucky to live that long they will wish they started looking inward so many years earlier.
But this young person Cyrus, may still be a teen in which case his thoughts are pretty much on target. At least as much as my dusty old diary read.

Evo said:
I have to say I agree with Cyrus on the not wanting to be around someone everyday. I need distance and time for myself. Even when I was married, I had my own room to do the things I wanted and not be bothered by my husband. I can't imagine being joined at the hip to someone, I would feel suffocated. I had a life before I met them, I still have a life after marriage. To each their own, if you like being together with someone all of the time, that's really lovely, but it's not for everyone.
Being married is not about being joined at the hip. A marriage is an interdependent partnership, with each partner committed to the relationship, which entails the benefit of mutual support, while at the same time retaining a certain independence.

It would drive me crazy to have a wife who wanted to be joined to my hip. I too would feel suffocated.

My wife and I have similar interests we share, but we also have (probably as much) different interests, which we enjoy independently. We'll read together in bed in the evening. She reads fiction, but I prefer history or science/technology books. She has her forums on-line, and I have mine. She has her gardening areas (in which she decides what to plant), and I have mine (my hot peppers and my berries), but we help each other. She has her activities outside the home, and I have mine, and once in a while we'll do something together.

When I'm away from home, I do look forward to coming home. And I do look forward to kissing my wife when I leave in the morning, and when I come home in the evening.

Along the lines of Cyrus's perspective, I did not pursue a closer relationship than friendship with any woman who wore a lot of make-up/cosmetics or who felt compelled to wear designer clothes and accessories.

I did know I nice girl who had a high risk of melanoma, and she had to be careful with respect to sun exposure. Had our relationship progressed, that would have been an issue, primarily with respect to children, but it wouldn't have been a show-stopper. We just remained friends though.

Moonbear said:
For example, Jason Rox is pretty clear about that, he's not looking for a relationship, just someone hot for regular booty calls. :wink:

I have room on my calling list. :wink:

I don't see myself falling head over heels for a girl. I don't have all these particular standards like Cyrus has. I find all kinds of girls attractive. I want a girl of quality, of real quality. I don't mean that she's quality simply because she can cook diner. I want an open minded girl in which I can have conversations of any kind and not have to worry about her getting emotional about it (my current girl does).

I've been in Quebec for 3 months and met many girls. Yet, none of them were of quality. Though there are lots of pretty girls here and they're willing to sleep with you right away. (Girls main complaint here is that Quebec guys lack confidence.)

yeah, most it has to do with being buddies.
Hot times with a "looker", seem to hit the buddy system by surprise and because you have a full life to go back to you don't have to be worried that you look your best while "gardening" doing dishes or cleaning the powder room...

I've lived the life of a single man for a week, and thought the peace and quite has been great, I'm very much looking forward to meeting my wife and daughter at the airport tonight.

George Jones said:
I've lived the life of a single man for a week, and thought the peace and quite has been great, I'm very much looking forward to meeting my wife and daughter at the airport tonight.
It has been 3 weeks, and I can't wait for another 3 weeks :frown: I'm sure many people on PF will be glad when I stop posting 123 (frustrated) messages per day :uhh:

Lisa! said:
I should find Cyrus a Shirazian girl since the qualities he says mostly matches them! They don't need tan since their skin already look likes they have tan.:tongue:

Bring back a girl for Cyrus and a Shirazi salad for me. :cool:

I can't tease Cyrus too much because I think my dating standards were just as rigid when I was in my 20s. I only dated guys with long hair - no exceptions. I just loooved rocker boys.

I am still pretty strict with my standards. Except now I just require that they have hair. Well, ok, maybe I can be flexible on that. But they have to have most of their teeth. I'm not budging on that one. :biggrin:

Cyrus said:
MIH is the one and only hot blonde though. :biggrin:

aww, Cyrus. :!) BTW, my back hardly ever breaks out. Only just a little on the first day after I shave it.

Math Is Hard said:
But they have to have most of their teeth. I'm not budging on that one. :biggrin:

Your requirements when from a full set of hair to a full set of teeth!

JasonRox said:
Your requirements when from a full set of hair to a full set of teeth!

ya, and if I remember correctly when one could not reach a hammer, Barbie's um well, Barbie was hard enough to pound a nail into the wall.

married about six years and now have a MORTGAGE!