[COURSE] intro. to mechanical deisgn

It's a website that offers various courses related to mechanical engineering, including one on mechanical design. You can access course materials and lectures in English, which may make it easier for you to understand the concepts. I hope this helps and good luck with your studies!
M@sT3rJo1nT
greetings...
i study naval arch in china in mandarin, so its very challenging ...
at the moment, I am facing difficulties in mechanical design course and i was hoping by making
this topic, maybe you fellas could give me some material to study (everything i have is chinese, and i don't get much)

the course is about mechanical design, where you have to draw kinematic diagrams and on ..
so please help me with anything you can!

sincerely thanks!
Shane Ask

Engineering news on Phys.org
M@sT3rJo1nT said:
greetings...
i study naval arch in china in mandarin, so its very challenging ...
at the moment, I am facing difficulties in mechanical design course and i was hoping by making
this topic, maybe you fellas could give me some material to study (everything i have is chinese, and i don't get much)

the course is about mechanical design, where you have to draw kinematic diagrams and on ..
so please help me with anything you can!

sincerely thanks!
Shane Ask

http://nptel.iitm.ac.in/courses.php?branch=Mechanical

I think this should help you

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to [COURSE] intro. to mechanical deisgn

1. What is mechanical design?

Mechanical design is a branch of engineering that focuses on the creation and development of mechanical devices and systems. It involves using principles of physics, mathematics, and materials science to design and analyze mechanical systems, such as machines, tools, and structures.

2. What skills are needed to excel in an intro to mechanical design course?

To excel in an intro to mechanical design course, you should have a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and computer-aided design (CAD) software. Additionally, creativity, problem-solving skills, and attention to detail are important for success in this field.

3. What topics are typically covered in an intro to mechanical design course?

Topics covered in an intro to mechanical design course may include engineering mechanics, material properties, statics and dynamics, stress analysis, machine design, and computer-aided design (CAD) software. Additionally, students may learn about engineering ethics, project management, and teamwork.

4. What are the career opportunities for someone with a background in mechanical design?

A background in mechanical design can lead to a variety of career opportunities, including mechanical engineer, design engineer, product development engineer, manufacturing engineer, and project manager. Industries that commonly hire mechanical design professionals include automotive, aerospace, consumer products, and manufacturing.

5. How does mechanical design contribute to the advancement of technology?

Mechanical design plays a crucial role in the advancement of technology by creating innovative solutions for various industries and applications. It helps improve efficiency, functionality, and safety of mechanical systems, leading to advancements in fields such as transportation, energy, healthcare, and robotics. Additionally, mechanical design also contributes to the development of new materials and technologies, pushing the boundaries of what is possible.