Defining a BH loop in Ansys Maxwell?

In summary, the conversation discusses how to insert a BH loop in Ansys Maxwell without getting an error. The speaker has seen this mentioned in various texts but is unable to define it without receiving an error. They mention that the data they have inserted does not start from (0,0) but this should not affect the error. They also ask for help and share a link to a potential resource. The summary concludes with possible solutions to the issue, such as ensuring the BH curve is in the correct location and that the hysteresis data is properly inputted.
omidfn
Does anyone have an idea how to insert a BH loop like the one I have attached in Ansys Maxwell and not get an error like in the other picture which is also attached?
12-13-2018 7-19-29 AM.jpg

12-3-2018 7-31-07 PM.jpg

I have seen it multiple times in different texts but can't define one myself without getting this annoying error.
Also the data that I have inserted does not start from (0,0) but don't worry about that because the error would show up either way.
any experience with this?

Attachments

• 12-13-2018 7-19-29 AM.jpg
    12-13-2018 7-19-29 AM.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 2,069
  • 12-3-2018 7-31-07 PM.jpg
    12-3-2018 7-31-07 PM.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,791
Engineering news on Phys.org
Those are in two different locations, BH curve in material properties (relative permeability) cannot contain more than one quadrant and no hysteresis data, initial value of B must be 0, slope at any point must not be less than u0 etc.

(Caveat have not used this) But my understanding is Maxwell handles the hysteresis effect in the core loss model for a material, and that is where you stick in that hysteresis loop data, not in the relative permeability section. I'm not sure if this is literally just a loss model and only gives you Watts or if it would calculate the full magnetic impact of the hysteresis.

1. What is a BH loop in Ansys Maxwell?

A BH loop in Ansys Maxwell refers to the relationship between the magnetic flux density (B) and the magnetic field intensity (H) in a magnetic material. It is a graphical representation of how a material responds to an external magnetic field.

2. How is a BH loop defined in Ansys Maxwell?

A BH loop in Ansys Maxwell is defined by plotting the magnetic flux density (B) on the y-axis and the magnetic field intensity (H) on the x-axis. The shape of the loop is determined by the material properties and the strength of the external magnetic field.

3. What is the significance of a BH loop in Ansys Maxwell simulations?

The BH loop is important in Ansys Maxwell simulations as it helps to understand the magnetic properties of a material, such as its permeability and hysteresis. It also allows for accurate prediction of how a material will behave in different magnetic fields.

4. How do you create a BH loop in Ansys Maxwell?

To create a BH loop in Ansys Maxwell, you need to define the material properties and apply an external magnetic field in the simulation. The software will then automatically generate the BH loop based on the specified material and field parameters.

5. Can the BH loop be modified in Ansys Maxwell?

Yes, the BH loop can be modified in Ansys Maxwell by changing the material properties or adjusting the strength of the external magnetic field. This can be useful for studying the effects of different materials or varying magnetic fields on the BH loop.