Designing a Logic Gate Hardware for Efficient Table of Logic

In summary, Bob is seeking help designing a hardware table of logic using two-input logic gates. He mentions using AND, NAND, OR, and NOR gates, but is unsure how to incorporate XOR and XNOR gates. Bob is not sure if he can achieve the desired output with two gates, but the expert suggests using one XOR and two AND gates. Bob insists it is not homework, but the expert suggests treating it as such and doing the work. Eventually, Bob shares that he was able to make it work with two AND and two NOT gates, and the expert suggests using a quad nor IC if actually building it.
anita1984
Hello Forum , please can someone help me to design the hardware of this table of logic (by the use of the logic gate) , the table is in the attachment.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Logic.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 199
Physics news on Phys.org
There are two-input logic gates besides ANDs, NANDs, ORs, and NORs.
Bob S

XOR and XNOR , but how i can manage them to have 2 output like in the attachment ?

Is this homework?
Bob S

no it's not home work , i want it to my circuit and i don't know if i can reach such signal

I can do it with one XOR and two ANDs. Is this what you want?
Bob S

anita1984 said:
no it's not home work , i want it to my circuit and i don't know if i can reach such signal

We will treat it as homework, so you need to do the work.

thanks bob , i make it with 2 AND and 2 NOT( i catch the tric), it's not a homework , believe me :-).

anita1984 said:
thanks bob , i make it with 2 AND and 2 NOT( i catch the tric), it's not a homework , believe me :-).

If you are actually going to build it, you can implement it with one quad nor IC.

Related to Designing a Logic Gate Hardware for Efficient Table of Logic

1. How do you determine the best design for a logic gate hardware?

The best design for a logic gate hardware is determined by considering factors such as speed, power consumption, and size. The design should aim to minimize propagation delay, reduce power consumption, and occupy a smaller area on the chip.

2. What is the role of truth tables in designing a logic gate hardware?

Truth tables are essential in designing a logic gate hardware as they define the logical behavior of the hardware. They help in determining the inputs and outputs of the logic gates, which are crucial in creating an efficient table of logic.

3. How can you optimize a logic gate hardware for efficient table of logic?

To optimize a logic gate hardware for an efficient table of logic, one can use techniques such as Boolean algebra, Karnaugh maps, and Quine-McCluskey method. These methods help in simplifying the logic expressions, reducing the number of gates needed, and improving the overall efficiency of the hardware.

4. What are the common challenges faced in designing a logic gate hardware?

Some common challenges in designing a logic gate hardware include minimizing propagation delay, reducing power consumption, and dealing with noise and interference. Additionally, ensuring compatibility with other hardware components and meeting design specifications can also be challenging.

5. How do you test the efficiency of a logic gate hardware?

The efficiency of a logic gate hardware can be tested by analyzing its propagation delay, power consumption, and area on the chip. Simulation tools, such as SPICE, can also be used to test the functionality and performance of the hardware. Additionally, the hardware can be tested by inputting different logic combinations and comparing the results to expected outputs.