Does Electrical Engineering Get Easier After Completing Calculus and Physics?

In summary, the speaker is a 30-year-old working towards their EE degree at a local community college. They have taken several math and physics courses and are finding it difficult due to time constraints and other responsibilities. They are wondering if the workload for EE classes will become easier after completing the foundational courses, but the answer is that it generally stays the same. The lab work may become more challenging and time-consuming, but overall the workload remains similar.
Guzzi_Nut
Hi guys, I am 30 years old, I work pretty much full time and I am working towards my EE degree slowly right now at a local community college. I took Calc 1,2,3 finishing Diff Eq now during summer semester, took engineering physics too (1st of 3).
It is difficult stuff just due to time constraints, work house, wife,boring adult stuff to do.
I was looking at my local Universities flow sheet for EE and it is a LOT of classes.

Once you get through all the calc/diff and Physics does it get "easier"
I am have to dedicate a lot of time to my physics homework and doing physics lab.
Is the workload for Electrical Engineering classes about the same ?

Physics news on Phys.org
From my experience, class work stays about the same. The lab work may or may not get more difficult and time consuming. I would not say it gets significantly easier.

Related to Does Electrical Engineering Get Easier After Completing Calculus and Physics?

1. What is a BS in Electrical Engineering?

A BS in Electrical Engineering is an undergraduate degree program that focuses on the study of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. It involves the application of scientific and mathematical principles to design, develop, and maintain electrical systems and devices.

2. What can I do with a BS in Electrical Engineering?

With a BS in Electrical Engineering, you can work in a variety of industries such as telecommunications, power generation, and electronics manufacturing. You can also pursue careers in research and development, design and testing, project management, and consulting.

3. What skills will I gain from a BS in Electrical Engineering?

Through this program, you will gain a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and computer science, as well as technical skills in circuit analysis, digital systems, and signal processing. You will also develop problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills, which are essential in the field of engineering.

4. How long does it take to complete a BS in Electrical Engineering?

The duration of a BS in Electrical Engineering program is typically 4 years for full-time students. However, the length may vary depending on the institution and the student's course load. Some universities also offer accelerated programs that can be completed in 3 years.

5. Do I need any prior knowledge or experience in engineering to pursue a BS in Electrical Engineering?

While it is not necessary to have prior knowledge or experience in engineering, having a strong background in math and science can be beneficial. It is also helpful to have an interest in technology and a desire to understand how things work. With dedication and hard work, anyone can pursue a BS in Electrical Engineering regardless of their background.