How to be a good Physics student?

In summary, the best way to become a good physics student is to take advantage of resources available to you and seek advice from experienced physicists. In terms of your university's curriculum, focusing more on the practical applications of calculus may be more beneficial for your undergraduate studies in physics.
CollinsArg
Hello, I'm from Argentina, freshman in the university studing Physics. I realized there are very smart people and even teachers and experimentalist in this forum which I like a lot. And I wanted to take advantage of it, and ask you for advices that can help me to do well in the career and avoid errors I may make. How can I be a very good phyics student?

Something else, in my university the center of students make to change the subject Mathematical Analysis to Calculus (the program of subjects was changed), so we don't see demostrations and other thing mathematicians see, and we are more inclined to the "useful" part of calculus, its aplication. Do you think this is good?

Thank you a lot! :)

Likes Wanting to Learn
Physics news on Phys.org
We have a series of posts here about becoming a physicist that may be helpful:

https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/early-physics-education-in-high-schools/

and this article has many more links:

https://futurism.com/want-physicist-heres-guide/

and there are some other threads listed below in similar discussions that could help:

Similar Discussions: How to be a good Physics student?
  1. Good place to volunteer/extracurriculars for physics or enginnering students? (Replies: 1)
  2. How difficult is Topology for a pure Physics student? (Replies: 7)
  3. How good are this physics/engineering programs? (Replies: 1)
  4. How good is this physics program in Argentina? (Replies: 3)
  5. How to be good at physics? (Replies: 11)

Likes CollinsArg
"Something else, in my university the center of students make to change the subject Mathematical Analysis to Calculus (the program of subjects was changed), so we don't see demonstrations and other thing mathematicians see, and we are more inclined to the "useful" part of calculus, its application. Do you think this is good?"
I think the more "useful" calculus will be more useful to you in your undergraduate program in physics.
Mathematical analysis could be taken later if you go into the more theoretical side of physics At a higher level.
I have taken both aspects of mathematics, and know from this that you should learn how to do things before going on to analysis.

Related to How to be a good Physics student?

1. How can I improve my problem solving skills in Physics?

To improve your problem solving skills in Physics, it is important to practice solving a variety of problems. Start by understanding the concepts and principles involved in the problem. Then, break down the problem into smaller, more manageable parts. Use diagrams and equations to help you visualize and understand the problem. Finally, practice solving similar problems to build your problem solving skills.

2. What study habits should I develop to succeed in Physics?

Developing good study habits is essential for being a successful Physics student. Some key habits to develop include attending all lectures, taking thorough notes, completing practice problems, and reviewing material regularly. It is also important to actively engage with the material by asking questions and seeking help when needed.

3. How can I stay motivated while studying Physics?

Staying motivated while studying Physics can be challenging, but it is important to remember the end goal of understanding and mastering the subject. Set achievable goals for each study session and reward yourself when you reach them. Also, try studying in groups or with a study partner to keep each other accountable and motivated.

4. What resources should I use to supplement my learning in Physics?

In addition to lectures and textbooks, there are many resources available to supplement your learning in Physics. Some options include online tutorials, practice problems and quizzes, and study guides. You can also attend office hours or seek help from a tutor if you are struggling with specific concepts.

5. How can I prepare for exams in my Physics class?

Preparing for exams in Physics requires consistent studying and understanding of the material. Start by reviewing your notes and practice problems regularly. Use study guides and practice exams to test your knowledge and identify areas that need more focus. Also, make sure to get enough rest and eat well on the day of the exam to ensure optimal performance.