I want to study electrical electronics but i don't know about it

In summary: There is such a thing as non-electrical electronics, though it might not be your cup of tea.Generally speaking, if you want to be a technician, you will need to have an apprenticeship or a degree in related subjects.If you want to be an EE, you will need to have an undergraduate degree in electrical engineering or a related field.Step 1: Enroll in an EE program....It sounds like you want to study electrical engineering in university. If you enrol in an EE program, you will be able to learn all about electronics.Step 1: Enroll in an EE program....If you enrol in an EE program, you will be able
yakhassan
Summary:: I am a student and i plan to study electrical electronics but i don't know how to go about it.Anyone who is into it can you please guide me on how to become one

I am a student and i plan to study electrical electronics but i don't know how to go about it.Anyone who is into it can you please guide me on how to become one

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Do you mean that you are about to head off to university to study EE, or that you want to self-study electronics? What is your end goal -- do you want to work as an EE or an Electronics Technician or just be knowledgeable in electronics as a hobby?

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

Do you mean that you are about to head off to university to study EE, or that you want to self-study electronics? What is your end goal -- do you want to work as an EE or an Electronics Technician or just be knowledgeable in electronics as a hobby?
head off to the university

Last edited by a moderator:
yakhassan said:
Are you still in high school (or whatever the equivalent is in your country), and you are wanting to be sure to prepare the best you can for heading off to university next year to study EE? Or have you graduated already and are starting university soon?

What math/physics/electronics classes have you had so far? What were your favorite classes?

yakhassan said:
Step 1: Enroll in an EE program.

...can you see how your questions are a little vague?

Start taking broken things apart and try to find the fault. Preferably start at age 13 or thereabout.

Likes symbolipoint
Not enough information about you to usefully advise. Big difference if you are ≈18 and decisions imminent (in which case information about studies/knowledge so far also useful) or 14 in which case general strategy more to the point. Also important where you are, Himalayas or New York? - and what possibilities do you have for moving, what is your range realistically? Finance will also come into it.

Svein said:
Start taking broken things apart and try to find the fault. Preferably start at age 13 or thereabout.
Can you still do that with today's devices?

Last edited:
To the OP:

1. How old are you?

2. Which country are you located? (it doesn't sound like you come from a Western country)

3. Are you currently a student? If so, what kind of student (elementary, secondary, university)?

epenguin said:
Can you still do that with today's devices?
Some of them, yes. Not cell phones of course, but along the lines of an old desktop PC or an audio amplifier or a table lamp or...

Likes symbolipoint
Svein said:
Some of them, yes. Not cell phones of course, but along the lines of an old desktop PC or an audio amplifier or a table lamp or...
How about an abacus or a slide rule? :wink:

Is there such a thing as non-electrical electronics? o0)

What is electrical electronics?

Electrical electronics is a branch of engineering that deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism.

What are some common applications of electrical electronics?

Electrical electronics is used in a wide range of applications, including power generation and distribution, telecommunications, computer systems, medical equipment, and consumer electronics.

What skills are required to study electrical electronics?

To study electrical electronics, you will need a strong foundation in math and physics. You should also have good problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to think critically.

What are some potential career options for someone who studies electrical electronics?

Graduates with a degree in electrical electronics can pursue a variety of careers, such as electrical engineer, electronics engineer, telecommunications engineer, computer engineer, or systems engineer.

What are some resources for learning more about electrical electronics?

There are many resources available for learning about electrical electronics, including textbooks, online courses, tutorials, and hands-on projects. You can also attend conferences and workshops to stay updated on the latest developments in the field.