LaTeX no longer working on my browser

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter gfd43tg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, the conversation discusses issues with the functionality of Latex and automatic login on a forum after a recent update with Mozilla. The problems also include small boxes next to threads and privacy concerns with personal information being visible. Suggestions are made to clear cache and disable JavaScript, which ultimately resolves the issues.
gfd43tg
Gold Member
I did an update somewhat recently with Mozilla, and I noticed that my Latex on this forum no longer works, also next to threads are those small boxes, like something isn't working. Also, I have to re-login every time I open up the browser, instead of automatically being logged on. I'm assuming the same update led to all these problems. I post an image so you know my meaning. Any idea how to fix this?

Physics news on Phys.org
I hope you know that everybody can see your name, email and institution now...

I removed attachment for privacy. What FF version? I just updated to 39 and LaTeX works fine. Maybe clear your cache.

Maylis said:
also next to threads are those small boxes
What do you mean with "small boxes"? Those icons? Something else?

Okay, I uploaded a new image with the email blocked out.

Attachments

• PF.png
    PF.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 418
Maylis said:
Okay, I uploaded a new image with the email blocked out.
Confirm or not: have you tried clearing your cache?

Yes, I cleared it

Did you disable JavaScript?

Likes Greg Bernhardt
This worked, thanks. I just hope that I don't have any advertisements show up, since that is why I disable javascript

1. Why is LaTeX no longer working on my browser?

There could be several reasons for this. It could be due to a recent update or change in your browser settings, or a compatibility issue with the website you are using. It could also be caused by outdated plugins or extensions that are interfering with the LaTeX functionality.

2. How can I fix LaTeX not working on my browser?

The first step would be to check for any updates or changes in your browser settings, and make sure all plugins and extensions are up to date. If the issue persists, try clearing your browser cache and cookies, or using a different browser. You can also try disabling any ad blockers or script blockers that may be preventing the LaTeX code from running.

3. Is there a specific browser that supports LaTeX better?

LaTeX should work on most modern browsers, but some may have better support than others. Google Chrome and Firefox are usually recommended for optimal LaTeX functionality, as they have built-in support for MathJax, the library used to render LaTeX on webpages.

4. Can I still use LaTeX without it working on my browser?

If LaTeX is not working on your browser, you may still be able to use it by downloading a local LaTeX editor or using an online editor. These options would allow you to write and compile LaTeX code on your computer, without needing to rely on your browser's functionality.

5. Who can I contact for further assistance with LaTeX not working on my browser?

If you have exhausted all troubleshooting options and are still unable to get LaTeX to work on your browser, you can reach out to the website or platform you are using for assistance. You can also seek help from online LaTeX communities or forums, where experts and users can provide guidance and solutions to common LaTeX issues.