Microwave rectangular cavity resonator ?

In summary, the conversation is about the accuracy of an equation given in a book for a homework problem. The author agrees with the result and thanks the other person for their help, but there is some difficulty in fully understanding the equation due to a cut off image.
Dhruv

Homework Statement

I am putting the picture of the equation given to me in book , I feel it to be wrong please tell me that is the equation written in book correct or not !

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 389
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 436
Physics news on Phys.org
mfb said:
I agree with your result.
Thnx :) this really helped.

Dhruv said:

Homework Statement

I am putting the picture of the equation given to me in book , I feel it to be wrong please tell me that is the equation written in book correct or not !

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Can 't make out the text image (cut off on the right) so couldn't comment.

rude man said:
Can 't make out the text image (cut off on the right) so couldn't comment.
Sorry for inconvenience.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 375

1. What is a microwave rectangular cavity resonator?

A microwave rectangular cavity resonator is a type of electromagnetic cavity that is used to confine and amplify microwave energy. It consists of a hollow metal box with conducting walls and contains a small opening for the microwave energy to enter and exit.

2. How does a microwave rectangular cavity resonator work?

A microwave rectangular cavity resonator works by trapping and reflecting the microwave energy back and forth between its walls. This creates standing waves within the cavity, which amplifies the energy and allows for precise control and manipulation of the microwave signal.

3. What are the advantages of using a microwave rectangular cavity resonator?

There are several advantages to using a microwave rectangular cavity resonator. These include high power handling capabilities, low loss, and high Q-factor (quality factor). Additionally, they are compact, lightweight, and can be easily integrated into microwave circuits.

4. What are some common applications of microwave rectangular cavity resonators?

Microwave rectangular cavity resonators have a wide range of applications in industries such as telecommunications, radar systems, and microwave heating. They are also used in scientific research for experiments involving microwave radiation, such as spectroscopy and particle accelerators.

5. How do you design a microwave rectangular cavity resonator?

The design of a microwave rectangular cavity resonator involves determining the desired resonant frequency, calculating the dimensions of the cavity, and selecting appropriate materials. It is also important to consider factors such as insertion loss, power handling capabilities, and impedance matching for optimal performance.