Can a Valve Create a Time Lag and Prevent Water Mixing in a Pipe System?

In summary, the person is looking for a valve or system that can separate two streams of water - one leaving the tubing and one entering from a reservoir - to avoid mixing. They are seeking suggestions and considering contacting a valve reseller or manufacturer to discuss the design and market options.
JJ21
Hi guys,

Right, here is the situation. Consider a long coil of pipe containing water with a thermostatic valve at the outlet and a valve (this is the valve in question) at the inlet. The inlet is gravity fed by a large reservoir of water and the question is this: as the water leaves the tubing through the outlet, i need the water from the reservoir to gradually fill the tubing automatically but i need to include a time lag between the water leaving and the water entering.
Is there a valve or system which i can use which will be able to separate out the two streams of water (leaving and the water coming in) so that they don't mix?

Any ideas, suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
JJ21 said:
Hi guys,

Right, here is the situation. Consider a long coil of pipe containing water with a thermostatic valve at the outlet and a valve (this is the valve in question) at the inlet. The inlet is gravity fed by a large reservoir of water and the question is this: as the water leaves the tubing through the outlet, i need the water from the reservoir to gradually fill the tubing automatically but i need to include a time lag between the water leaving and the water entering.
Is there a valve or system which i can use which will be able to separate out the two streams of water (leaving and the water coming in) so that they don't mix?

Any ideas, suggestions welcome!

Thanks

The best way is to pick up your phone give a call to valve reseller or any manufactrure and discuss in detail. This is the best way. that is the way how things gets designed

1. What is pipe flow and how does it work?

Pipe flow is the movement of a fluid through a closed system of pipes. It is driven by a pressure difference between two points in the system. The fluid flows from the higher pressure point to the lower pressure point, and the flow rate is determined by the size and shape of the pipes, as well as the fluid properties.

2. What factors affect pipe flow?

The flow rate of a fluid through a pipe is influenced by several factors, including the pressure difference, pipe diameter, length of the pipe, fluid viscosity, and the presence of any obstructions or fittings in the pipe. Temperature and fluid density can also play a role in pipe flow.

3. What is the purpose of a valve in a pipe flow system?

A valve is a device used to control the flow of fluid through a pipe. It can be used to start, stop, or regulate the flow rate of the fluid. Valves are also used to control the direction of flow and to prevent backflow in a system.

4. How do you choose the right valve for a pipe flow system?

The type of valve needed for a pipe flow system depends on the specific application and the desired function. Factors to consider when choosing a valve include the material and size of the valve, the type of fluid being transported, the pressure and temperature of the system, and any special requirements such as corrosion resistance or fire safety.

5. How do you maintain and troubleshoot a valve in a pipe flow system?

To ensure proper functioning of a valve in a pipe flow system, regular maintenance is essential. This includes periodic inspections, cleaning, and lubrication. If a valve is not working properly, troubleshooting steps such as checking for obstructions, leaks, or wear and tear may be necessary to identify and resolve the issue.