SULI DOE acceptance Summer 2016

In summary, the conversation is about people discussing their experiences and acceptance into the Department of Energy (DOE) summer programs. Some have received offers while others are still waiting for a response. One person shares their positive experience in the program and encourages others to apply. Others mention receiving offers at different times and from different labs. The conversation also touches on the application deadline and potential acceptance timelines.
semismart
Has anybody received acceptance emails from DOE yet? I applied to LLNL and ORNL, and my application still says pending review.

Physics news on Phys.org
Oof, I wish I heard about this program earlier! I saw this discussion posted in 2011 which says they planned on deciding their Summer selections on April 1st, so I wouldn't be too worried about it. Good luck!

Strange... I applied for that program twice. Got accepted once, and rejected once, both notifications came long before April 1.

@Dishsoap Out of curiosity, did you participate in the program when you were accepted? If so, how was the experience? I'm looking into REUs for next Summer and this one sounds super interesting.

AstroBoogie said:
@Dishsoap Out of curiosity, did you participate in the program when you were accepted? If so, how was the experience? I'm looking into REUs for next Summer and this one sounds super interesting.

I did, I was at Fermilab for the summer. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone interested. I loved the research I did, all of the awesome talks that I got to go to, and overall the summer was a great experience. Definitely apply!

Dishsoap said:
Strange... I applied for that program twice. Got accepted once, and rejected once, both notifications came long before April 1.

This doesn't sound like a good omen for my acceptance. I have heard that the notification time varies from lab to lab, does anyone have experience with LLNL or ORNL?

I know the deadline is approaching soon, but I am convinced that I was not accepted into the program.

I received an offer last year during early May, and some of my friends have told me that their friends have received offers this year (no specifics, sorry). I've seen another thread in the Chemistry forum, but it's not very active. I've seen some people mention it in that Physics REUs 2016 thread too.

I applied for the DOE SULI program this year and got accepted to SLAC on February 17th. Maybe they send out multiple waves of acceptances as spots open up from people turning it down? I only had ten days to decide to accept my placement.

1. What is the SULI DOE Acceptance Summer 2016 program?

The SULI DOE Acceptance Summer 2016 program is a highly competitive internship program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). It provides undergraduate students with the opportunity to conduct research at DOE national laboratories and gain hands-on experience in scientific and technological fields.

2. How do I apply for the SULI DOE Acceptance Summer 2016 program?

To apply for the SULI DOE Acceptance Summer 2016 program, you must first be nominated by your university or college. Once nominated, you can submit your application online through the DOE's website. The application typically opens in the fall and closes in January.

3. Who is eligible to apply for the SULI DOE Acceptance Summer 2016 program?

Undergraduate students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents and are enrolled in an accredited college or university are eligible to apply for the SULI DOE Acceptance Summer 2016 program. Applicants must also have completed at least one year of college coursework and have a minimum GPA of 3.0.

4. What types of research projects are available through the SULI DOE Acceptance Summer 2016 program?

The SULI DOE Acceptance Summer 2016 program offers a wide range of research projects in various fields such as biology, chemistry, engineering, physics, environmental science, and more. These projects are conducted at DOE national laboratories, which are among the top research facilities in the world.

5. Is the SULI DOE Acceptance Summer 2016 program paid?

Yes, participants in the SULI DOE Acceptance Summer 2016 program receive a stipend for their research work. The exact amount may vary depending on the location of the national laboratory and the length of the internship. In addition, the DOE covers the cost of transportation to and from the laboratory and provides housing for the duration of the internship.