The island is big and wooded in parts, How do they survive?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    parts
In summary, the group of people stranded on the island must find a way to survive by finding fresh water, constructing shelter, and hunting for food. They must also watch for passing ships or planes in order to be rescued.
hypatia said:
wow nice island! Good job!

:blushing: Well Kia found one that would upload, bless her. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Man, my head hurts. What a night. Hey, why am I tied up to this coconut tree? Can someone please untie me.

*Tries to get free*

Come on guys, this is not funny. Please someone untie me.

*Starts foaming from the mouth*

Uhhhahahaha

The scavengers have found the aircrafts tool kit, we found it between the
river Evo and the ridge line on the east coast.
The scavengers are starving hungry from all that treking what's to eat at
the hypermoon caff :biggrin:

dduardo said:
Man, my head hurts. What a night. Hey, why am I tied up to this coconut tree? Can someone please untie me.

*Tries to get free*

Uhhhahahaha

A Penguin, in the pacific? no can't be, arildno go see what that is.

A penguin?
Penguins are fun!
HOORAY!

dduardo said:

*Tries to get free*

Uhhhahahaha
*Astronuc unties dduardo* Sorry about that man. It was for your own safety and ours. You got too many fumes from brewnog's brew. That stuff is potent.

Ok, drink plenty of water and eat some fruit. We have plenty of work to do.

dduardo - do you know a dude named 'Opus'?

Where is that penguin??

Thanks Astronuc

I think arildno is hallunicating. Tie him up and get him some fresh water and fruit too.

Before we do anything else we should find the hallunicating agent before we really do start attacking each other. brewnog, what ingredents did you use in your brew?

wolram said:
Hey what, a new leader , has she passed the tests? Like walkinig
across the fire pit bear foot, and resisting all the male charm :biggrin: if she
has she must be a tough nut, but no, no female could be that tough :biggrin:
I beg your pardon? :devil: First of all, you need to learn how to respect your leader, right!
Ok, I forgive you this time, but it's the lat time!now you can go back to your work!How funny!resist male charm!Men can never resist female charm ! :grumpy:

mixing up some {more} dates and berries, cooking fish caught in the cargo net last night. Mid morning meal is ready!

The water containers are empty, and it looks like its going to be a really hot day. I'm thinking its time to mover closer to the river Evo, and concentrate on the main house.

Lisa! said:
I beg your pardon? :devil: First of all, you need to learn how to respect your leader, right!
Ok, I forgive you this time, but it's the lat time!now you can go back to your work!How funny!resist male charm!Men can never resist female charm ! :grumpy:

Oh no, not another Maggie Thatcher :yuck: Come on guys we have to nip this
one in the bud. :biggrin:

Lisa! said:
Men can never resist female charm !
:confused:

hypatia said:
mixing up some {more} dates and berries, cooking fish caught in the cargo net last night. Mid morning meal is ready!
Yummmmmmy, i love fish, any chips?
One day we must find some cereal to make flour, then we can berry and fig pie,
but what about custard?

dduardo said:
I think arildno is hallunicating. Tie him up and get him some fresh water and fruit too.

Before we do anything else we should find the hallunicating agent before we really do start attacking each other. brewnog, what ingredents did you use in your brew?
I think it's those 'mountain grown' kind that did it.

Arildno is fine.

Lisa! said:
Men can never resist female charm !
Then, you just might be surprised! :smile:

What is it with these young folk and the 'Leader' obsession? We operate on a communal consensus. Each assumes responsbility for tasks, which hopefully one voluteers to do according to interest or competence. Don't be shy about asking for assistance.

Geez, after this is over I am headed to the Karakorum!

What is it with these young folk and the 'Leader' obsession? We operate on a communal consensus. Each assumes responsbility for tasks, which hopefully one voluteers to do according to interest or competence. Don't be shy about asking for assistance.

I think Lisa wants POWER, but she would have to be some lady to boss me
around.
Do we allow spanking on our island :devil:

Astronuc said:
What is it with these young folk and the 'Leader' obsession? We operate on a communal consensus.
I agree.
And, I would add, we must develop a mentality of sharing the goods.
Miserly uptightness has no place in our society.

Ok Wolram!You're not funny at all :devil: I can't tolerate this situation!I'm here to help you but you can't understand it!So please add a poll to the thread, member should chose the leader by themselves!(I'll have to stay the leader right now!)

Astronuc,I really need your help.Some of people are getting crazy, so they're saying nonsenses! :grumpy: We should do sth about it very soon because it could have bad effect on others!

arildno said:
:confused:
I wasn't talking about genius men! :smile: I choose you as my counsellor!

I vote for Lisa as our queen!
Lisa is simply divine and a fabulous person.

Lisa! said:
Ok Wolram!You're not funny at all :devil: I can't tolerate this situation!I'm here to help you but you can't understand it!So please add a poll to the thread, member should chose the leader by themselves!(I'll have to stay the leader right now!)

Wolram let's out a sigh, and puts Lisa over his knee
:devil: sorry but this has to be done, and when you loose your mania i am
sure you will be an asset. :biggrin:

Karakorum should be a piece of cake after this. :rofl:

Time to find a place to build,Astro would you head up a small party, to find the best spot? I'm going to start lashing together some travois to make the move easier.

dduardo said:

Just the usual stuff. Water, honey, berries and mushrooms.

Hey, Brewy, Danger, can you make some thing out of a smashed up radio
transmitter, all the valves are smashed, but there are loads of resistors
caps, inductors, etc, we didn't bring it back this trip thought it best to ask
you guys first.

wolram said:
Lisa! said:

Wolram let's out a sigh, and puts Lisa over his knee
:devil: sorry but this has to be done, and when you loose your mania i am
sure you will be an asset. :biggrin:
Well,I don't know why you want to kill all these people!Maybe you have a difficult life and you prefer to die but you're not allowed to decide about other's lives!Why don't you want to let others to choose their leader? :bugeye: Maybe you think you're wiser than anyone?Well, I noticed that some wiskies've disappeared lately! :confused: I hope it would have nothing to do with your madness! :uhh:
"Lisa wants power"!: :rofl: Now I have to admit that you were funny for the first time!How crazy should I be to think about power in this situation.It's not enjoyable to misuse others' misery and I'm not crazy to do so!

arildno said:
I vote for Lisa as our queen!
Lisa is simply divine and a fabulous person.
Princess perhaps, too early for queen - a little maturation is required. :smile:

Lisa! said:
Astronuc,I really need your help.Some of people are getting crazy, so they're saying nonsenses! We should do sth about it very soon because it could have bad effect on others!
I think it's simply a reaction to tension from being shipwrecked. I think everyone is settling down.

btw - arildno is a good choice as counselor/mentor.

In a situation like this - if we all pull together as a team [Pink Floyd, "Have a Cigar", album - Wish you were here] - we'll get through it. :smile:

All for one, and one for all. :cool:

Astronuc said:
Princess perhaps, too early for queen - a little maturation is required. :smile:
Oh, that's no problem; since I'm to be her counsillor, I can be your temporary queen just to get the experience I need.

Astronuc said:
I don't want to be queen or princess!I'm only 1 of you and really need your help. :smile:

Lisa! said:
I don't want to be queen or princess!I'm only 1 of you and really need your help. :smile:
What help do you need Lisa? we have all kinds :biggrin:

hypatia said:
Karakorum should be a piece of cake after this. :rofl:
:rofl: Anything is going to be a piece of cake after this experience. :biggrin:

Lisa!, what's on your mind?

Astronuc said:
:rofl: Anything is going to be a piece of cake after this experience. :biggrin:

Lisa!, what's on your mind?
Well, first give me a report of our situation briefly! :smile: what problems are we facing?I already most of them but I need someone to tell me more about them o:)

Lisa! said:
Well, first give me a report of our situation briefly! :smile: what problems are we facing?I already most of them but I need someone to tell me more about them o:)

We have no home, few clothes, only basic tools, axe, saw, hammer, airplane
tool kit,needles ,its a long way to fetch water 8hr round trip, we have bits of airplane to make things, we have to gather or hunt for food, and make clothes,
and build a home,

wolram said:
Hey, Brewy, Danger, can you make some thing out of a smashed up radio transmitter, all the valves are smashed, but there are loads of resistors caps, inductors, etc, we didn't bring it back this trip thought it best to ask you guys first.

That's a good point. I don't have a clue about designing circuits, but if we manage internet access at any point then I might be able to find enough plans to make a kickass PA system for the beach parties!

Do we have any sparkies on the island?

one male, making outhouses,shelters, cutting timber, chasing wild pigs, gathering honey, scouting out the island.

we have 2 females, gathering foods, making cloths, medicines, gathering wood,water, cooking and cleaning up

one male making weapons, has dug a pit for catching game, catching fish with a cargo net.

one male, making hooch, and sound systems..and will also help prepare hides/meat

one male making weapons

2 males standing looking at a airplane.

one male telling us everything we have.

A officer of moral, who helps out where ever he can, and keeps us happy.

one tripped out flightless bird

and a girl queen

Last edited:
Hey hey hey, I'm not just making hooch and guitar amps! I'm making canoes, arrows, cooking utensils, fishing nets, and assorted tools too!

I've also just cooked up a pot of seafood soup. Lichen makes really good stock.

Also, I made a really nice necklace for Moonbear out of the teeth of that crocodile Danger was playing with earlier.

brewnog said:
That's a good point. I don't have a clue about designing circuits, but if we manage internet access at any point then I might be able to find enough plans to make a kickass PA system for the beach parties!

Do we have any sparkies on the island?

I could make a crude crystal radio, just need to find some thing to act as a
rectifier, a piece of coke would do.
but i bet Astro or danger can come up with some thing better.

aww that's so sweet of you, moonbear will love it.
Sorry to have missed your other assets..lol this thread is getting to long to go back and reference. My mistake.
And your soup is wonderful!

And of course anyone else please add what they have been doing.