Troubleshooting Opamp Saturation in Orcad Pspice 9.2

In summary, the conversation discusses troubleshooting a circuit modeled with Orcad Pspice 9.2 that is intended to generate a spike of 10 a crnt with 10000hz freq. There are issues with the simulation, such as incorrect timing and convergence problems, and suggestions are made to check the slew rate of the opamp and provide a .cir file or netlist for further analysis. The person requesting help also mentions that the circuit functions properly in real life.
georgeh
Hello Everyone,
I am trying to model a circuit using Orcad Pspice 9.2
I am trying to solve the time when the opamp saturates with maximum voltage operation of 10v and -10v. I am applying different voltages to the circuit, when I do the transient analysis, i am not getting the right time. For example, at a voltage applied of 1v, the opamp never saturates, but i get a saturation in the microSeconds. When I apply a voltage of 2 volts, i should get a time of infinity, meaning that the opamp takes a really long time to saturate. I've attached the file, can anyone help me out to diagnose the problem??
thank you,

Attachments

• SCHEMATIC1-EE10_op.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 174
Engineering news on Phys.org
There is nothing in the files. Can you attach the .cir file or print a netlist?

Tip: Look at the slew rate of the opamp. That should allow you to calculate the time at which the output hit +Vcc or -Vcc without simulating it.

hi
i am trying to build a circuit that will generate a spike of 10 a crnt with 10000hz freq. but every time i run the simulation it shows convergence problem, and shows the nodes where the problem is occurring. Can you tell me how i can overcome this problem.(please note that... the circuit is running fine in real life)

Related to Troubleshooting Opamp Saturation in Orcad Pspice 9.2

1. How do I know if my opamp is in saturation mode?

One way to tell if your opamp is in saturation mode is to check the output voltage. If it is at the maximum or minimum supply voltage, then the opamp is most likely in saturation.

2. What causes opamp saturation in Orcad Pspice 9.2?

Opamp saturation in Orcad Pspice 9.2 can be caused by a variety of factors, such as high input voltage, incorrect component values, or improper circuit design.

3. How do I troubleshoot opamp saturation in Orcad Pspice 9.2?

To troubleshoot opamp saturation in Orcad Pspice 9.2, you can start by checking your circuit design for any errors or incorrect component values. You can also try reducing the input voltage or adding a feedback resistor to the opamp to stabilize the output.

4. Can I prevent opamp saturation in Orcad Pspice 9.2?

While it may not be possible to completely prevent opamp saturation, there are some steps you can take to minimize the chances of it occurring. These include carefully selecting component values, using proper decoupling capacitors, and ensuring proper circuit design.

5. Is there a way to simulate opamp saturation in Orcad Pspice 9.2?

Yes, you can simulate opamp saturation in Orcad Pspice 9.2 by intentionally setting the input voltage to a high or low value and observing the output voltage. This can help you understand how your circuit will behave in saturation mode and allow you to make necessary adjustments.