Trussed Framework Coursework, Static Analysis, ECCENTRIC CONNECTIONS

In summary, the conversation is about a homework problem that the person is struggling with. They have figured out some parts but need help with parts c and e. In response, someone suggests treating the eccentric connections as a pinned pinned beam with a force applied at a certain distance. The person thanks them and will try it out.
faraz_stani

Homework Statement

The attached pdf shows the whole problem. I have a deadline of Wednesday for this and am absolutely stuck!

Homework Equations

N/A

The Attempt at a Solution

I have figured out parts a, b, and d. I was wondering whether anyone can help or point me in the right direction with regards to parts c and e.

for part c, I think that it isn't too complicated but I just don't know what to do with the eccentric connections.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Attachments

• Truss CW.pdf
    992.5 KB · Views: 301
Physics news on Phys.org
The eccentric connections won't change the member axial forces much. For chord bending, you can assume a pinned pinned beam 6 m long with a force equal to the perpendicular component of the diagonal member force, applied 25 mm from one end.

Thanks for that PhanthomJay, I was thinking along those lines, just needed someone to back me up. Will give it a proper go now!

1. What is trussed framework coursework?

Trussed framework coursework is a type of coursework that involves designing and analyzing truss structures. Trusses are structural elements made up of connected triangles that are used to support and distribute loads in a structure. In this coursework, students learn about the principles of truss design, analysis, and how to apply them to real-world structures.

2. What is static analysis in relation to trussed framework coursework?

Static analysis is a method used to evaluate the structural stability and strength of a truss structure. It involves calculating the forces and stresses acting on the truss members and determining if the structure can withstand the applied loads without failure. In trussed framework coursework, students learn how to perform static analysis using mathematical equations and computer software.

3. What are eccentric connections in trussed framework coursework?

Eccentric connections are connections between truss members where the center lines of the connected members do not intersect. This creates a moment or rotational force at the connection, which can affect the stability and strength of the truss structure. In trussed framework coursework, students learn how to analyze and design eccentric connections to ensure the overall stability and safety of the truss structure.

4. What types of software are used for trussed framework coursework?

There are various types of software used for trussed framework coursework, including structural analysis software like SAP2000, ETABS, and STAAD.Pro. These software programs use mathematical algorithms to analyze the structural behavior of truss structures and provide visual representations of the results. Students may also use CAD software to create 3D models of truss structures before performing analysis.

5. What are some real-world applications of trussed framework coursework?

Trussed framework coursework has many real-world applications, including bridge design, roof design, and structural support systems in buildings. Trusses are commonly used in construction because they are lightweight, cost-effective, and can span long distances. By learning about trussed framework coursework, students can apply their knowledge to various engineering projects and contribute to the development of safe and efficient structures.