Wire connects ipod to breadboard

In summary, the individual built an amplifier and is looking for a specific type of wire to test it with. They forgot the name of the wire and are asking for help in identifying it. They mention looking for it at Radio Shack and provide links to possible options. They also mention that they have made their own stereo connectors in the past. Another individual recommends a different electronics source.
nobrainer612

Homework Statement

I built an amplifier in the breadboard so I want to test it out. I know there is a type of wire that one side can connect to the ipod and the other side separate into power (red in color) and ground ( black in wire) But I forgot the name of the wire, so I want to ask if anyone knows the name of it? Cause I want to see if they are selling it in radio shack. Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes radio shack has some crumby products. I stumbled upon http://www.alliedelec.com and they seem like they are probably a good source of electronics.

I would recommend using a multimeter to test the connections on your breadboard and determine the type of wire needed. Alternatively, you can also refer to the specifications of your amplifier and ipod to determine the appropriate wire. It is important to use the correct wire to ensure proper functioning of your circuit. Additionally, I would suggest checking with your local electronics store or online retailers for the specific wire you need. Good luck with your project!

Related to Wire connects ipod to breadboard

1. How do I connect my iPod to a breadboard?

The easiest way to connect your iPod to a breadboard is by using a wire with a 3.5mm audio jack on one end and alligator clips on the other end. Simply plug the audio jack into your iPod's headphone jack and use the alligator clips to connect to the breadboard's power and ground pins.

2. What type of wire do I need to connect my iPod to a breadboard?

You will need a wire with a 3.5mm audio jack on one end and alligator clips on the other end. This type of wire is commonly known as an "auxiliary cable" or "aux cable." You can purchase one at most electronics stores.

3. Can I use any type of wire to connect my iPod to a breadboard?

No, you cannot use just any wire. It is important to use a wire with a 3.5mm audio jack on one end and alligator clips on the other end. This type of wire is specifically designed for connecting audio devices like an iPod to a breadboard.

4. What is the purpose of connecting my iPod to a breadboard?

Connecting your iPod to a breadboard allows you to play music or audio files through the breadboard's circuit. This can be useful for creating sound effects or incorporating music into your electronic projects. It also allows you to control the volume and other audio settings through the breadboard.

5. Are there any precautions I should take when connecting my iPod to a breadboard?

Yes, it is important to make sure that the alligator clips are securely attached to the breadboard's power and ground pins. It is also recommended to turn off your iPod's volume or set it to a low level before connecting to the breadboard to avoid any potential damage to your ears or speakers.