Would like to introduce my self Love the forums

In summary, the person seems to be a high school senior preparing for an AP Physics exam. They have a teacher who is amazing and adapted to physics, but is also one of the best students in the class. They also have a big day on May 12 - the day of the exam.
placebooooo
Hello Physics forums,

I have previously very long ago made an account on this forum after having visited it so much, but i never really posted anything. Now, I come back after witnessing the physics forums app on the apple appstore. I love to just scroll around the physics section and see what people write and the questions they ask are really interesting even though they seem beyond my ability. I am currently a high school senior taking AP Physics with an amazing teacher. I have to say, when people told me physics is not easy, it is NOT easy, but it is crazy fun. I adapted to it and I am actually one of my teacher's best students in class :)

I also have a big day on May 12; the AP Physics exam :( I have always been terrible with standardized tests even though i do outstanding in the actual class. I am currently preparing for it as there are only about two weeks for the exam. Any advice on this? I am really hoping that for once in my life, I make a 5/5 in an AP exam as I will be jumping with everlasting joy. I fear my results because I was doing just as well in chemistry last year, but I ended up with a 3/5 on the AP chem exam :(

In the end all is well and I apologize for the long post. I really hope that I can help around here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Tell us, what's your favorite fish?

Thanks!
Definitely catfish!

OK, here's a nice catfish for you! Welcome!

IhJQp-q1Y1s[/youtube] You have now been properly initiated. :smile:

Welcome! Glad to have you here! Don't forget to write a review of the app in the store :)

Welcome,placeboooooooooo! :biggrin:

Nice to have you, placebooooo! By the way, what's the deal with the fish question?

David Carroll said:
Nice to have you, placebooooo! By the way, what's the deal with the fish question?

Tell us, what's your favorite fish?

It looks like some of the embedded links didn't survive the move to the new forum software, so I'll re-post below.

Even though it's hackneyed, I'd say catfish. I find fascinating that, according to some ichthyologists, this fish will continue to grow in size its entire life if given the right environment. Hence the stories of divers in the Tennessee River who came up so frightened that their hair turned white.:))

David Carroll said:
Even though it's hackneyed, I'd say catfish.

Outstanding!

*SLAP*

Enjoy your time here at PF! Care for a towel?

No thanks. I don't eat between meals.

1. Who are you and what brings you to these forums?

My name is [Name] and I am a [job title]. I joined these forums because I am interested in [topic] and I wanted to connect with others who share my passion.

2. What do you hope to gain from participating in these forums?

I hope to gain knowledge and insights from other members, as well as contribute my own ideas and experiences. I also hope to build a network of like-minded individuals and potentially collaborate on projects.

3. How did you first become interested in [topic]?

I have always been curious about [topic] since I was a child. As I grew older, I pursued my education and career in [related field] and my interest in [topic] only grew stronger.

4. What sets these forums apart from others you have participated in?

I have found that these forums have a very welcoming and knowledgeable community. The discussions are also very informative and thought-provoking, and I appreciate the diversity of perspectives that are shared here.

5. Do you have any specific goals or objectives in mind for your involvement in these forums?

My main goal is to learn as much as I can about [topic] and stay updated on the latest developments and research. I also hope to make meaningful connections and contribute to the community in any way I can.