PF PHOTO CONTEST - Bad Picture 3 (8/2-8/8)

In summary: Seriously, what the heck am I doing with my life?:mad:In summary, Bad Picture 3 has many bad pictures to choose from.
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Bad Picture 3

This theme has always been one of our more popular theme. Find a photo that you took that is really bad. This degree of "badness" can be due to fuzzyness, underexposure, overexposure, etc. Any picture that it technically bad qualifies.

NOTE: You cannot use pictures that have been purposely taken to have a poor quality. These must have been taken accidentally and not on purpose to be bad. It is reemphasized that digital manipulation of the pictures are not allowed in the PF Photo Contest.

Zz.

Contest Rules:

1. Any digital photo or digitally-scanned photo relevant to the theme will be accepted within the contest period. In case there's a gray area, or you're not sure if the picture is suitable, check with me first.

2. Please resize your digital photo to no more than 650 x 490 or 490 x 650 pixels. You may also crop your picture if you wish. You are also allowed to adjust the brightness and contrast of your picture but these should not dramatically alter the look of the picture. But other than those, any form of picture editing or modification is not allowed. This is a photo contest, not a picture editing/special effect contest. You may add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes.

3. Upload your photos to any of the photo servers such as imageshack or photobucket. Then post it the relevant contest thread and link your picture using the img command. PM me if you do not know how.

4. Only ONE picture per member per contest. Once a picture is posted, it cannot be changed other than a total withdrawl by that member from that week's photo contest. Exceptions will be made for modification to comply with the rules, such as resizing.

5. At the end of the contest period, I will open a poll and every PF member can vote for the picture they like best.

6. Note that in case we have a large number of entries, I will do the polling in more than one thread. If that's the case, you can vote in each of the polling threads. The photos will be assigned in the polling threads in the order they were submitted.

7. These pictures must be something that you took, not something taken off someone else's photo albums or taken by someone else. I have no way of checking if you did this, so we'll go by the honor system.

8. You can use a picture only once. Once it is used in a contest, it cannot be reused in another contest.

9. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.

Zz.

Physics news on Phys.org
Eh, running out of topics?

Love this topic! I have soooo many pics to choose from :rolleyes::wink:...

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/327/badkittytr9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh! Where to start?

I'd enter if it were a real contest, and if I had any photos that fit, but I GET RID OF my bad ones...

OMG!

I have so many bad pictures, I don't know which one to choose.

I have to see if I deleted all the really bad ones already. I might still have some lingering from recent photo attempts (while in HI, I tried playing with macro settings, and was fairly unsuccessful, getting great big blurs...I think I deleted them, but you never know...but I figured out some of my errors along the way and am getting better at using that feature now).

Cute couple, apart from the ornament-induced nose-inflation!:rofl:

2726495892_98cd08d852_o.jpg

:rofl::rofl:...love it...that is so damn funny, larkspur...:rofl::rofl:

lisab said:
:rofl::rofl:...love it...that is so damn funny, larkspur...:rofl::rofl:

Glad it makes you laugh lisab! :rofl:
It was a toss up between that one or http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3165/2726611362_3b85467610_o.jpg".

Here is a picture of an incredibly beautiful and well-camouflaged beetle on a sunflower blossom. I liked the picture so well that I failed to delete it (Die! Die! Die!)
badsunflower.jpg

I'll have to browse scanned negatives. All digital images that I consider bad are deleted immediately.

Oh nuts, I have a bad habit of deleting the bad ones.:smile:

This should definitely qualify! It gave me vertigo just opening it to resize it. :yuck:
badphoto.jpg

It was an attempt to get a photo of a butterfly when I stopped in the scenic lookout area for the New River Bridge. There were lots of butterflies and bees, so I decided to play with camera settings to see if I could photograph them. Obviously, this was one of the wrong ones. :yuck:

pa.jpg

Eh, Holocene? Yeah its a little fuzzy cause it was a longer exposure, but its not THAT bad...

badkitty.jpg

Yeah. She moved closer to me, her ears got cut off, and she squinted at the flash. I save a number of the bad ones, because they make me laugh and cost me nothing.

I love that one!

Borek said:
I'll have to browse scanned negatives. All digital images that I consider bad are deleted immediately.
I usually do the same, Borek. Sometimes I get lazy or distracted, so I have some bad ones hanging around.

Moonbear said:
This should definitely qualify! It gave me vertigo just opening it to resize it. :yuck:
badphoto.jpg

It was an attempt to get a photo of a butterfly when I stopped in the scenic lookout area for the New River Bridge. There were lots of butterflies and bees, so I decided to play with camera settings to see if I could photograph them. Obviously, this was one of the wrong ones. :yuck:
Are you sure Monet didn't do this one?

Moonbear said:
badphoto.jpg

Not that bad, butterfly is obvious :smile:

Borek said:
Yep - it's a Monarch on a milkweed. I still haven't seen a single Monarch this year. Normally, they are quite common.

Borek said:

turbo-1 said:
Yep - it's a Monarch on a milkweed. I still haven't seen a single Monarch this year. Normally, they are quite common.

Yeah sure. The butterfly was only obvious to me because Moonbear said it was a butterfly. In the absence of her commentary, I'd have no clue what her photograph captured. :tongue2:

turbo-1 said:

Yep, there were tons of Monarch's there, and several other kinds of butterflies too. And I think that's where all your bees have gone too! They were all over the place.

Georgina, I like that photo of Bean. :biggrin: She looks extra grumpy.

Doesn't she just, Moonbear?

Isn't it funny that several of these 'bad' shots involve cats? Dang felines - notoriously uncooperative!

GeorginaS said:
Yeah sure. The butterfly was only obvious to me because Moonbear said it was a butterfly. In the absence of her commentary, I'd have no clue what her photograph captured. :tongue2:

Perhaps you don't take enough butterfly pictures, I am deleting hundreds of similar things :tongue2:

lisab said:
Isn't it funny that several of these 'bad' shots involve cats? Dang felines - notoriously uncooperative!

So far the only shot I found and I could use in the contest is a picture of... cat :smile:

Borek said:
So far the only shot I found and I could use in the contest is a picture of... cat :smile:

:rofl: Well then, let's see it!

lisab said:

I know! They're notorious for not playing along. Lie on the floor to be at an even level with them and what do they do? They come over to you to see what you're doing. The nerve. And! You'd at least think they'd have the courtesy to learn English.

Also, unlike dogs who, when told to "stay" tend to do just that. Cats? pfft.

Borek said:
Perhaps you don't take enough butterfly pictures, I am deleting hundreds of similar things :tongue2:

You're right. I can't spot a blurry butterfly in a photograph because I don't take enough pictures of them. You caught me. :biggrin:

[picture removed by request]

I hit and displaced the tripod while moving around the red flashlight :)
bad enough?

Alex:) said:
I hit and displaced the tripod while moving around the red flashlight :)
bad enough?

Oooooooooo... :cool: .