What can be replace the L14F1 and LD271 ?

• Thread starter spyerpeacer
  • Start date
In summary, you can use an LED from a discarded TV remote control and a photo transistor to replace the L14F1 and LD271 in this circuit. If you use an infra red transmitting diode, you will need an infra red receiving photo transistor. The exact type of transistor probably doesn't matter, but you will need to drive the relay differently.
spyerpeacer
what can be replace the L14F1 and LD271...?

hai...
i would like to know what can be replace the L14F1 and LD271 in this circuit...?
http://electroschematics.com/6161/power-switch-with-infrared-proximity-sensor/"
ive difficulties to find my component in my country...
so i want to know other alternatives for the component...
thanx for ur help...!

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org

You should be able to use just about any LED and photo-diode/transistor in that circuit. See what you can find in the junk box...

The LED from a discarded TV remote control may be OK and could be salvaged for use in projects like this.

The photo transistor will depend on what is available at your local electronics store. If you use an infra red transmitting diode, you need to use an infra red receiving photo transistor.

The exact type probably doesn't matter much.

schip666!-thanx...

vk6kro- for the solid state relay(S201S02), can i replace it with other relay...?
i also can't find the component in my area...

spyerpeacer said:
schip666!-thanx...

vk6kro- for the solid state relay(S201S02), can i replace it with other relay...?
i also can't find the component in my area...

Yes. A solid state relay is mainly used for very long term reliability. For normal use, an ordinary relay is fine.

Just for safety, if you are switching mains voltage, get a relay that has a protective cover on it.

Also, you will need to drive the relay differently. You will probably need a transistor to drive it and a diode across the relay to protect the transistor.
like this:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgYBpcOa18S6LT4waI233VatvuaNF92L8DaNnOkgXZqmL1_whj.png

You will have to arrange the relay contacts to suit your application as this circuit will turn the transistor off when the reflected signal is detected.

in the diagram u show me, i not quite understand it...
do the DATA in the diagram comes from my pin no 8 in the circuit...?
does it means like that...?

if i use solenoid valve 24VDC at the output of relay,
do i need another supply to connect to the solenoid valve...?

spyerpeacer said:
in the diagram u show me, i not quite understand it...
do the DATA in the diagram comes from my pin no 8 in the circuit...?
does it means like that...?

YES

if i use solenoid valve 24VDC at the output of relay,
do i need another supply to connect to the solenoid valve...?

YES

thanx a lot for ur help...
i will try it...
i really appreciate it...

1. Can the L14F1 and LD271 be replaced with newer models?

Yes, newer and more advanced models of these components are constantly being developed and released. It is important to check the specifications and compatibility of the new model before replacing it.

2. What are the alternatives to using the L14F1 and LD271?

There are various other components that can be used as substitutes for the L14F1 and LD271, depending on the specific function and requirements. Some potential alternatives include the LM741 and LM358 operational amplifiers.

3. Are there any specific limitations or considerations when replacing the L14F1 and LD271?

Yes, it is important to consider the specifications and pin compatibility of the replacement component. Additionally, the circuit design and function may need to be adjusted to accommodate the new component.

4. Can the L14F1 and LD271 be replaced with components from different manufacturers?

Yes, as long as the replacement component has similar specifications, pin compatibility, and meets the requirements of the circuit design, it can be from a different manufacturer.

5. Is it necessary to replace the L14F1 and LD271 with the same type of component?

No, as long as the replacement component has similar specifications and meets the requirements of the circuit design, it does not have to be the same type of component. However, using a similar type of component may make the replacement process easier.