Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

2D Ising Model (analytical expressions)

1. Jul 31, 2011 #1
    Hi all,

I am doing a program to simulate the 2D Ising Model under the metropolis algorithm. In order to check my results I would like to compare them with the analytical expressions for the mean energy, magnetization, specific heat and magnetic susceptibility.

I already found the expressions for the mean energy, magnetization and specific heat. However, when I plot the expression for the mean energy the result does not look right. I used the one in Huang's book. Concerning the magnetic susceptibility, I couldn't find any analytical expression...

Anyone could give me some help? Thanks.

Best regards!

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 1, 2011 #2
    If you have the expression for the magnetisation for a given applied field you should be able to go from there to the susceptibility...

4. Aug 2, 2011 #3
    Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I am only interested in the case with B=0.

The expression for the magnetization is [itex]M=[1-\sinh^{-4}(2/k_B T)]^{1/8}[/itex].

The susceptibility is obtained from [itex]\chi = \frac{<M^2>- <M>^2}{k_B T}[/itex].

But I don't know the analytical expression for [itex]\chi[/itex]...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook