3D geometry exercises with linear algebra

• Thread starter Avatrin
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Hi

I have noticed that while I have the grasp of the theoretical underpinnings of linear algebra, I need work on applying it to geometric problems (think computer vision and rigid body motion). So, I am looking for a book that allows me to practice 3D geometry problems.

Is there any obvious book you guys can recommend?

Answers and Replies

gleem
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
This is a really old book "Matrix Theory for Physicists" by J. Heading (1958) but it discusses application to geometry and classical mechanics as well as E/M, QM and SR.

Likes vanhees71 and Avatrin
This is a really old book "Matrix Theory for Physicists" by J. Heading (1958) but it discusses application to geometry and classical mechanics as well as E/M, QM and SR.
Alright, that sounds great, but will it be useful for computer vision? I guess it doesn't include any exercises for projective geometry...

gleem
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
The author recommended additional reading of J. A. Todd "Projective and Analytical Geometry" Probably older than Heading's. Heading probably did not have computer applications in mind when he wrote his book. It does not mean that there is nothing useful or applicable to projective geometry though.

Likes Avatrin
A vector space approach to geometry by Hausner maybe?