Find 3D Graphing Software - Directional Derivative Support

In summary, the conversation is about the search for a 3D graphing software that can perform directional derivatives. The person suggests using gnuplot, but also mentions the possibility of using MATLAB or maple if they have the funds. The other person agrees and thanks them for the suggestion.
barak
hey there, i haven't find a better foru to post this, so i hope I am in the right place/
im looking for a 3d grapher saftware but good one, that can do directional directional derivative exc.
so if u know about something thatll be great, thx!

Physics news on Phys.org
sounds great ill try that, thx

1. What is 3D graphing software?

3D graphing software is a computer program that allows you to create, manipulate, and visualize three-dimensional graphs and data. It is often used in fields such as mathematics, engineering, and science to analyze and interpret complex data sets.

2. What is directional derivative support in 3D graphing software?

Directional derivative support in 3D graphing software refers to the ability of the software to calculate and display the rate of change of a function in a specific direction. This is useful for analyzing the slope or gradient of a surface at a given point.

3. How can 3D graphing software with directional derivative support benefit me as a scientist?

3D graphing software with directional derivative support can benefit you as a scientist by allowing you to accurately analyze and visualize complex data sets. It can help you identify patterns, trends, and relationships in your data, and make predictions about future outcomes.

4. Are there any free options for 3D graphing software with directional derivative support?

Yes, there are some free options for 3D graphing software with directional derivative support, such as Desmos, GeoGebra, and Graphing Calculator 3D. However, these may have limited features compared to paid software.

5. Can 3D graphing software with directional derivative support be used for educational purposes?

Yes, 3D graphing software with directional derivative support can be used for educational purposes, such as teaching students about calculus, vectors, and surface analysis. It can also be used to create interactive and engaging visual aids for presentations and demonstrations.