Ah, now I think I understand the definitions used by DrChinese.
When he says "non-local", he means there is something which is non-local, whatever that is.
But when he says "real", he has more definite things in mind. The property of being real or non-real is only attributed to macroscopic things which, at least in some contexts, can be directly observed. In the context (experimental setup) in which it can be observed it is certainly "real", but in another context in which it cannot be observed, the reality of it is questioned. The Bell theorem then proves that, if there is nothing non-local involved, some of the questioned macroscopic things must actually be non-real. And if there is at least one macroscopic thing which is non-real in that sense, the theory (as a whole) is called non-real.
DrChinese, is the above a correct representation of your attitudes?
For if it is, then I have the following question for you:
Is there any viable interpretation of QM which, by being non-local, is also real (as a whole)?