Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A bit blunt?

1. Mar 27, 2008 #1

wolram

Gold Member

If your boss is talking rubbish how do you tell him/her , my boss went red in the face and did a war dance just because i was a bit blunt, but then tact is not one of my qualities,
    and why should it be if i am telling the truth?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 27, 2008 #2
    [​IMG]
    Shut up, you big dummy.

4. Mar 27, 2008 #3

wolram

Gold Member

If some one asks my opinion i tell it as it is, i do not try to embellish it with platitudes and cap doffing, why should i?

5. Mar 27, 2008 #4

wolram

Gold Member

Have you ever got your boss so mad he/she is incoherent and literally dancing with rage,
    it is so funny, but you dare not laugh even though you are busting.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  6. Mar 27, 2008 #5
    Were you blunt to the boss, or blunt to a customer? I hope you don't end up tactless and unemployed.

7. Mar 27, 2008 #6

vanesch

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You don't. It's something you learn over the years. He's your boss BECAUSE he's telling rubbish. Otherwise he would never have arrived there. (at least, that's the theory that I developed, and it did withstand a lot of empirical data up to now).

If you want to make a career, learn what rubbish your boss is telling, and go and proclaim the same. Very soon, you'll get a promotion.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?