1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A hard problem in my opnion

1. Apr 23, 2005 #1
    A 12 kg object initally has 24 joules of kinetic energy. How far will the object move against a net resisting force of 6 newtons? :uhh:

(A) 2 m
    (B) 4 m
    (C) 12 m
    (D) 16 m
    (E) 24 m

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 23, 2005 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  4. Apr 24, 2005 #3
    think its easy.....

the mass is moving with a velocity 2m/s right??????
    the resisting force would so a work in such a way that the mass stops after moving a certain distance......so the work done by the resisting force should be cancelling out the mass's kinetic energy.....the resisting force is constant throughout right??????then the block would be moving 4 metres as then the 6 newton force would be doing a work of -24 joules cancelling out the mass's kinetic energy.....i think its right.....what kind of a question is this...are u preparing for some entrance examination........nimmy try to bring in question which has more application....anyone can create high class questions which no one can even answer.....so grab such questions which are made not for the sake of making questions...but ....i m just speaking out thats al...leave it

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?