A ladybug is at rest and accelerates to 2.0 m/s^2

• Thread starter Tanya Back
  • Start date
In summary, Tanya needs help with a motion problem involving a ladybug and a mite. Marlon provides a formula for one-dimensional movements and encourages Tanya to make an effort on her own, while Gokul43201 also emphasizes the importance of trying first before seeking help. Tanya expresses gratitude for the help and agrees with the advice from Gokul43201.
Tanya Back
I need Help :( Plz can someone Help

:frown: Hi i need help with motion problems..i am sooo confused..Can someone pLZZ help me with this question-->

A ladybug is at rest and accelerates to 2.0 m/s^2 when it sees a mite, this mite is 20.0 cm away from the ladybug and the mite is traveling at the constant speed of 5.00mm/s. How will long wit it take for the lady bug to reach the mite?

THANK U SOOOOOOOOO MUCH

Physics news on Phys.org
Ahh this is a classic one...

use the formula's for one-dimensional movements.
Suppose the bug starts moving at the origin of our reference frame (you can choose this as you want thanks to the genius of Descartes and Newton...)
Then the mite is 0.2m in front of the bug. so we get:

bug : x = 2t²/2
mite : x = 0.2 + 0.005t (the velocity needs to be in m/s and it is given in mm/s !)

Equal these two equations and solve for t.

marlon

ps : normally i am not allowed to give you this much info but since you are new :wink: here I welcome you and this is your wedding-gift...enjoy and welcome to the jungle... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Very bad marlon ! Being nice to the ladies, eh ? :wink:

Tanya, the policy here regarding homework is that you should show us that you've tried something, and are stuck. Barring this one time, we won't help with homework unless you've made an effort yourself. In the long run, you'll see that this is best for you. :smile:

Last edited:
Good point gokul. Marlon should be spanked, :smile: .

Thank U!

Hey Thank u soo much Marlon...i kept on assuming dat distance was the same becasue when the lady bug has reached the mite they will be standing the same spot. To me dat meant the same distance anyways thank u verry much and I am sorry dat i didn't show my work before..i didn't know but next time i sure will. :approve: Thanks Again!

Tanya

P.s - I totally agree with u Gokul43201...it will help me in the long run

Related to A ladybug is at rest and accelerates to 2.0 m/s^2

1. Why do people ask for help?

Asking for help is a natural human tendency. People ask for help when they are faced with a problem or situation that they cannot solve on their own. It is also a way to seek support and assistance from others.

2. How can I get help when I need it?

There are various ways to get help when you need it. You can reach out to friends, family, or colleagues for support. You can also seek professional help from experts such as counselors, therapists, or tutors. Additionally, there are many online resources and helplines available for different types of problems.

3. Why is it important to ask for help?

Asking for help is important because it allows us to access new perspectives and ideas. It can also help us to learn and grow from others' experiences and expertise. Moreover, asking for help can reduce stress and prevent us from feeling overwhelmed.

4. Is it okay to ask for help?

Yes, it is completely okay to ask for help when you need it. In fact, it takes courage and strength to ask for help. Asking for help does not make you weak or incapable, it simply means that you are aware of your limitations and are willing to seek support.

5. How can I overcome the fear of asking for help?

The fear of asking for help is common, but it can be overcome. Start by acknowledging that everyone needs help at some point in their lives. Remind yourself that asking for help is not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength. Seek support from trusted individuals and gradually work on building your confidence to ask for help when needed.