Where in Bird Stewart and Lightfoot does it cover non-Newtonian fluids

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Ahmed Naji
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
TL;DR
I search for a specific text in specific book
In this topic >> https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/stress-tensor-for-non-Newtonian-fluid.860240/
Mr. Chestermiller replies that "For a purely viscous non-Newtonian fluid (not viscoelastic), you use exactly the same form of equation as for a Newtonian fluid (see Bird, Stewart, and Lightfoot)". Actually, this reply is the exact answer what I searching for.
Can anyone tell me what is the page of the given book which say that ?
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
According to my index, page 79 for Newtonian Fluids, and 101 for non-Newtonian. Mine's an older book, copyright 1960. I'm not sure if there are recent additions that might change the page numbering.

I don't know that you will find the exact quote from the post in the same exact wording in the book. You may have to do some reading and thinking on it.
 
Ahmed Naji said:
Summary:: I search for a specific text in specific book

In this topic >> https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/stress-tensor-for-non-Newtonian-fluid.860240/
Mr. Chestermiller replies that "For a purely viscous non-Newtonian fluid (not viscoelastic), you use exactly the same form of equation as for a Newtonian fluid (see Bird, Stewart, and Lightfoot)". Actually, this reply is the exact answer what I searching for.
Can anyone tell me what is the page of the given book which say that ?
Section 8.3, page 241, 2nd Edition circa 2000.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ChemAir