A suggestion for improving appearance of inline tex

• Thread starter awvvu
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of aligning inline tex content to 'middle' without using itex, with V = K \int_R \frac{dQ}{r_i}, where r_i = \sqrt{(x - x_i)^2 + (y - y_i)^2} and dQ = \delta dx_i, and the suggestion of using the [itex] tag. The participants also mention the potential improvement in the appearance of the content if all elements of a paragraph with tex are set to 'vertical-align: middle', but note the issue of squeezing everything too tightly.
awvvu
Can vertical aligning of inline tex (but without using itex) be set to 'middle' so that text is aligned well? Like:

[tex]V = K \int_R \frac{dQ}{r_i}[/tex], where [tex]r_i = \sqrt{(x - x_i)^2 + (y - y_i)^2}[/tex] and [tex]dQ = \delta dx_i[/tex]

If the text and images were all set to 'vertical-align: middle', then it should look a lot better. And it's a simple change.

Physics news on Phys.org
Try the [itex] tag. :smile:

Yeah, but that squeezes everything together too tightly.

[itex]V = K \int_R \frac{dQ}{r_i}[/itex], where [itex]r_i = \sqrt{(x - x_i)^2 + (y - y_i)^2}[/itex] and [itex]dQ = \delta dx_i[/itex]

If the elements of a paragraph with tex in it can be vertically aligned together, then it should look a lot better without much effort.

1. What is the purpose of "A suggestion for improving appearance of inline tex"?

The purpose of this suggestion is to improve the visual appearance of inline tex within a document or webpage. Inline tex refers to mathematical equations or symbols that are inserted within a line of text rather than being displayed separately.

2. How does this suggestion improve the appearance of inline tex?

This suggestion involves using CSS to style the inline tex, making it more visually appealing and easier to read. By adjusting the font, size, and color of the tex, it can be integrated seamlessly into the surrounding text.

3. Is this suggestion compatible with all browsers?

Yes, this suggestion is compatible with all modern browsers that support CSS. However, some older browsers may not display the styled inline tex correctly.

4. Do I need to have prior knowledge of CSS to implement this suggestion?

While some basic knowledge of CSS would be helpful, it is not necessary to implement this suggestion. There are many online resources and tutorials available to guide you through the process.

5. Can this suggestion be applied to inline tex in any language?

Yes, this suggestion can be applied to inline tex in any language as long as it is supported by CSS. This includes languages such as LaTeX, MathML, and ASCIIMath.