Hello, My electrician had to disconnect the ground wire from mains distribution box a day ago. And he forgot to attach it back. I did not know it was un-attached. Then in the evening, I touched my computer and got a shock. I used a screw driver type phase tester and checked the ground part of all the outlets in the house and they all were showing AC current. I thought maybe there is mixup of live and ground wire, so I quickly disconnected all the devices and appliances. I switched off the live using MCB from the mains. Neutral was still connected. And now ground was not showing any AC current. Later on I found, the electrician forgot to attach the ground in the mains distribution box. This beats me. The ground wire was totally unconnected from both ends. I checked all the outlets one by one. But still whenever I switched on live, ground wire would show current too. I checked live and ground using multimeter's continuity test, there is no short circuit. Can someone please explain why an isolate ground wire is showing AC current ?