Acceleration -- How is the intermediate displacement speed derived?

In summary, the intermediate displacement speed is derived through the use of SUVAT equations, specifically by setting the initial and final velocities to be equal and solving for the intermediate displacement speed. This is a necessary step in solving any problem involving constant acceleration and is crucial in the field of science.
huc369
TL;DR Summary
How is the intermediate displacement speed derived?
I don't know if I wrote it correctly
微信图片_20221007125631.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you know any SUVAT equations?

Likes topsquark
PeroK said:
SUVAT
Thank you very much, I will google it

How do you know that the "SUVAT Equations" apply? I don't understand, which problem is to be solved to begin with. Without asking a clear question, you can't get anything done in science!

huc369 said:
Summary: How is the intermediate displacement speed derived?

I don't know if I wrote it correctlyView attachment 315157
Since SUVAT involves constant-acceleration,
and constant-velocity (zero acceleration) is a special case,
consider your proposed formula in the zero-acceleration case, where ##v_0=v_B=v_T##
(where B represents the intermediate displacement: ##(x_B-x_0)=\frac{1}{2}(x_T-x_0)## in your time interval ##0\leq t\leq T##).

Assume ##v_B>0##.
Your proposed formula would read
$$v_B=\frac{\sqrt{(v_B)^2+(v_B)^2}}{2}=\frac{v_B}{\sqrt{2}}\qquad\mbox(false).$$
Instead, it should (based on the symbols available in your recollection) be
$$v_B=\sqrt{ \frac{(v_0)^2+(v_T)^2}{2}}$$
so that $$v_B=\sqrt{ \frac{(v_B)^2+(v_B)^2}{2}}=v_B.$$
(Technically, to be a speed, the left-hand side should be ##|v_B|##.)

Now, following @PeroK 's suggestion to your question,
this could be derived using SUVAT (the constant acceleration equations).

1. What is acceleration?

Acceleration is the rate of change of an object's velocity over time. It measures how quickly an object's speed is changing.

2. How is acceleration calculated?

Acceleration is calculated by dividing the change in an object's velocity by the change in time. The formula for acceleration is a = (vf - vi) / t, where a is acceleration, vf is final velocity, vi is initial velocity, and t is time.

3. What is the difference between acceleration and velocity?

Velocity is a measure of an object's speed and direction, while acceleration is a measure of how quickly an object's velocity is changing. In other words, velocity tells us how fast an object is moving, while acceleration tells us how quickly that speed is changing.

4. How is acceleration related to displacement?

Acceleration is related to displacement through the equation d = vi*t + 1/2*a*t^2, where d is displacement, vi is initial velocity, t is time, and a is acceleration. This equation shows that displacement is dependent on both an object's initial velocity and its acceleration over time.

5. What is the significance of intermediate displacement speed in acceleration?

Intermediate displacement speed is the speed at which an object is moving at a specific point in time during its acceleration. It is important because it helps us understand how an object's speed is changing over time and allows us to calculate its acceleration at that point.