Accuracy of Transducer: Measurement in Pascal?

In summary, the transducer manufacturer's stated accuracy of 0.5% for pressure measurement in PSI also applies to measurements in Pascal. However, it is important to note that a pressure gauge requires two accuracy specifications for zero error and slope.
Merttt
Hello everyone;

My transducer manufacturer says that the accuracy of the pressure measurement device is 0.5% in full scale of PSI. However, I don't use Psi but Pascal. Is it the same value for pascal as well? When I make measurement I will get 0.5% error in pascal too?

Thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Yes. PSI and Pa are both pressure units so the percentage applies to both. The 0.5% is probably the standard deviation of the gauge.
But a pressure gauge needs two accuracy specs. One is the zero error, the other is the slope. If the pressure is zero then 0.5% of zero is meaningless and so must be specified in absolute units of psi or Pa or as a percentage of full scale deflection.

1. What is a transducer?

A transducer is a device that converts one form of energy into another. In the case of measurement in Pascal, a transducer would convert pressure energy into an electrical signal for measurement.

2. How does a transducer measure accuracy?

A transducer measures accuracy by comparing the electrical output signal to a known reference signal. The difference between the two signals is the error, which determines the accuracy of the measurement.

3. What is the unit of measurement for transducers?

The unit of measurement for transducers can vary depending on the type of energy being converted. In the case of measurement in Pascal, the unit of measurement would be pressure, which is typically measured in Pascals (Pa).

4. How can the accuracy of a transducer be improved?

The accuracy of a transducer can be improved by calibrating it regularly, using high-quality materials in its construction, and reducing external factors that can affect its performance, such as temperature and humidity.

5. What are some common factors that can affect the accuracy of a transducer?

Some common factors that can affect the accuracy of a transducer include temperature, humidity, vibration, and external electrical interference. It is important to consider and control these factors when using a transducer for accurate measurements.