Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Addicted to Halo 3

1. Jun 5, 2009 #1
    Last December, I got an XBOX 360 coupled with some video games. Before this, I had never really played video games much. The last gaming system I owned was Nintendo 64 or short for N64.

Ever since December, my addiction to Halo 3 has been growing by day. My fingers hurt even just typing this.

Video games. The best way to avoid the social and natural world. :biggrin:

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 6, 2009 #2
    Halo 3 is a very fun game, but yeah i'm guessing you dont have school / uni or a job lol. With those factors you would find less and less time to play.

4. Jun 6, 2009 #3

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

So does that make PF the methadone clinic for gamers? Substitute a more socially acceptable addiction (educational discussions about science) for a more harmful one like gaming? :biggrin: You did see the warning label when you signed up, right, the one that the surgeon general requires explaining that PF may be addicting?

5. Jun 6, 2009 #4

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Whilst I don't have a gaming addition, I am certainly developing an addiction to Twitter! I have no idea why it is so addictive, but I seem to have developed the urge to broadcast what I am doing to the entire world, whilst reading the banalities of 100's of strangers.

:confused:

6. Jun 6, 2009 #5

neu

If Halo is Heroin, and PF methadone, then Twitter is poppers.

7. Jun 6, 2009 #6
    Everyone is addicted to something.

PF is a great way for me to see what topics are out there in certain areas of the forum. Biology and Astronomy are both interesting to me. So is Halo 3! :biggrin:

8. Jun 6, 2009 #7
    I just started summer classes at my college just last Wednesday. I'm only taking two classes. I can't even find a job around here. So Halo 3 and school work fits in well.

Oh so I think....

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook