1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Admission letter

1. Oct 10, 2004 #1
    Arrrgghh! Why is writing an admission cover letter so hard :frown:

It feels like the fate of my acceptance is being written as i write the stupid thing.

bah!

Have you guys ever faced this?

:cry:

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2004 #2

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

No, none of us ever went to college.

heh heh, eh.

4. Oct 10, 2004 #3
    I haven't (yet). I should be writing one of those in a couple of months.

5. Oct 10, 2004 #4
    I never had to write a letter or essay. Just an application and transcript, if I recall.

6. Oct 10, 2004 #5

Clausius2

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I only have written formal english letters in english language exams. By the way, I always make it HORRIBLE. :frown:

7. Oct 10, 2004 #6

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Don't you also have to write an essay or a Statement of Purpose ? Or is that what you're talking about ?

I think the only reason I got accepted into Grad School was because I wrote a very "clever" SoP, heh heh. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
  8. Oct 10, 2004 #7
    Its actually not that bad guys. Just write down why you really want to go to college. Try to write your own answer, not "because I want a good job". They are looking for something that makes you unique.

9. Oct 10, 2004 #8
    Not just why you want to go to college, but why you want to go to THEIR college. :wink: That is, if you're writing to a specific school.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?