Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Admission letter

1. Oct 10, 2004 #1
    Arrrgghh! Why is writing an admission cover letter so hard :frown:

It feels like the fate of my acceptance is being written as i write the stupid thing.

Have you guys ever faced this?

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2004 #2

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

No, none of us ever went to college.

heh heh, eh.
  4. Oct 10, 2004 #3
    I haven't (yet). I should be writing one of those in a couple of months.
  5. Oct 10, 2004 #4
    I never had to write a letter or essay. Just an application and transcript, if I recall.
  6. Oct 10, 2004 #5

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I only have written formal english letters in english language exams. By the way, I always make it HORRIBLE. :frown:
  7. Oct 10, 2004 #6

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Don't you also have to write an essay or a Statement of Purpose ? Or is that what you're talking about ?

I think the only reason I got accepted into Grad School was because I wrote a very "clever" SoP, heh heh. :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
  8. Oct 10, 2004 #7
    Its actually not that bad guys. Just write down why you really want to go to college. Try to write your own answer, not "because I want a good job". They are looking for something that makes you unique.
  9. Oct 10, 2004 #8
    Not just why you want to go to college, but why you want to go to THEIR college. :wink: That is, if you're writing to a specific school.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?