Admission letter

• Thread starter gazzo
  • Start date
Arrrgghh! Why is writing an admission cover letter so hard :frown:

It feels like the fate of my acceptance is being written as i write the stupid thing.

bah!

Have you guys ever faced this?

:cry:

Chi Meson

Science Advisor
Homework Helper
No, none of us ever went to college.

heh heh, eh.

dekoi

I haven't (yet). I should be writing one of those in a couple of months.

I never had to write a letter or essay. Just an application and transcript, if I recall.

Clausius2

Science Advisor
Gold Member
I only have written formal english letters in english language exams. By the way, I always make it HORRIBLE. :frown:

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
gazzo said:
Arrrgghh! Why is writing an admission cover letter so hard :frown:
Don't you also have to write an essay or a Statement of Purpose ? Or is that what you're talking about ?

I think the only reason I got accepted into Grad School was because I wrote a very "clever" SoP, heh heh. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Its actually not that bad guys. Just write down why you really want to go to college. Try to write your own answer, not "because I want a good job". They are looking for something that makes you unique.

CollectiveRocker said:
Its actually not that bad guys. Just write down why you really want to go to college. Try to write your own answer, not "because I want a good job". They are looking for something that makes you unique.
Not just why you want to go to college, but why you want to go to THEIR college. :wink: That is, if you're writing to a specific school.