Advantages of frequency in Electric Tasmittion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nazz_Designs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Electric Frequency
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Nazz_Designs
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
hey,

as you know several countries have different voltages which they give to a normal household. Ie in our country Malta is 240Volts and in USA around 110Volts.

I also read that they have different frequencies. (e.g. Malta =50Hz and USA=60Hz)

Could anyone state advantages or disadvantages
at having certain frequencies?
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Nazz_Designs said:
hey,

as you know several countries have different voltages which they give to a normal household. Ie in our country Malta is 240Volts and in USA around 110Volts.

I also read that they have different frequencies. (e.g. Malta =50Hz and USA=60Hz)

Could anyone state advantages or disadvantages
at having certain frequencies?

Welcome to the PF. There have been a number of threads that discussed these questions. I did a quick search and found this one:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=108153

You might find some useful background info at www.wikipedia.org as well.