Affidavit for financial support for US universities

In summary, when applying to American universities as an international undergrad from India, it is common for the affidavit for financial support to be submitted after receiving admission and deciding to attend a specific university. It is recommended to check the FAQs on the universities' admission websites for more information.
ujjwal3097
Hi,
I am applying to American universities as an international undergrad from India.
I don't know when to submit my affidavit for financial support.
Should I submit it with my transcript or after admission in the University.
I have this confusion because there is no information about such things on the universities' sites.
Any help will be really appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
For many universities, those may be asked after you received an admission and that you have decided to attend that particular university.

Have you looked at the FAQs that are available at many of the universities' admission website?

Zz.

Likes ujjwal3097
ZapperZ said:
For many universities, those may be asked after you received an admission and that you have decided to attend that particular university.

Have you looked at the FAQs that are available at many of the universities' admission website?

Zz.
thanks a lot

1. What is an affidavit for financial support for US universities?

An affidavit for financial support is a legal document that serves as proof of financial support for an international student who is applying to study at a university in the United States. It is required by the US government to ensure that the student has enough funds to cover their tuition, living expenses, and other related costs while studying in the US.

2. Who needs to submit an affidavit for financial support?

All international students who are not US citizens or permanent residents are required to submit an affidavit for financial support as part of their application to a US university. This includes both undergraduate and graduate students.

3. What information should be included in an affidavit for financial support?

The affidavit should include information about the student's financial sponsor, such as their name, relationship to the student, and their contact information. It should also include details about the sponsor's financial resources, such as income, assets, and any other sources of funding they will be providing for the student's education.

4. Can a family member or friend serve as a financial sponsor?

Yes, a family member or friend can serve as a financial sponsor as long as they meet the requirements and can provide proof of their financial resources. However, it is important to note that the sponsor will be legally responsible for providing the necessary funds for the student's education and living expenses.

5. Is an affidavit for financial support a guarantee of admission to a US university?

No, an affidavit for financial support is not a guarantee of admission to a US university. It is only one of the many requirements that international students must meet in order to apply for and potentially be accepted to a US university. Admission decisions are ultimately made by the university's admissions committee based on various factors, including academic qualifications, test scores, and other application materials.