Am i on the right track

• Thread starter steveandy2002
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Track
In summary, the conversation discusses a homework problem involving the calculation of initial phase angle in radians and degrees, as well as determining the current at the first maximum value. The equations used include i=A*sin(ωτ+∅) and 100∏τ+0.6=∏/2. The final answer is 4.970178926*10^-3. However, there is an algebraic mistake in the solution for part b).
steveandy2002

Homework Statement

i = 15 sin(100π.t + 0.6)
a) I need to state the initial phase angel in rads and degrees.
b) I also need to work out current at first maximum value.

Homework Equations

i=A*sin(ωτ+∅)

The Attempt at a Solution

a) ∅=100∏*0+0.6
∅= 0.6 rads. ∴0.6*180/∏=34.37746771°

b) first current max =∏/2 rad's
100∏τ+0.6=∏/2
100τ+0.6=1/2
200τ+1.2=1
t=1/(200+1.2)
t=4.970178926*10^-3

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
You've made an algebraic mistake in your part b), but yes, you are on the right track. By the way, a thread like this belongs in the "Introductory Physics" forum, not the Calculus forum.

Steely Dan said:
You've made an algebraic mistake in your part b), but yes, you are on the right track. By the way, a thread like this belongs in the "Introductory Physics" forum, not the Calculus forum.

where abouts did i go wrong?

steveandy2002 said:
100∏τ+0.6=∏/2
100τ+0.6=1/2

:redface:

i=A*sin(ωτ+∅)
i=15*sin(100π*(4.970178926*10^-3)+0.6)
i=15*sin(0.5+0.6)
i=15*sin(1.1)
i=12.93224277 amps

a) The initial phase angle is 0.6 radians or 34.37746771 degrees.
b) The current at the first maximum value is 12.93224277 amps.

What does it mean to be on the right track?

Being on the right track means that you are moving towards your intended goal or destination in a satisfactory way. It implies that you are making progress and following a path that aligns with your objectives.

How do I know if I am on the right track?

To determine if you are on the right track, you can evaluate your progress and compare it to your goals and objectives. Additionally, you can seek feedback from others who may have more expertise or experience in your field.

What should I do if I feel like I am not on the right track?

If you feel like you are not on the right track, it is important to reassess your goals and objectives. You may need to make adjustments to your approach or seek guidance from a mentor or colleague. It is also important to remember that setbacks and detours are a normal part of any journey, and it is important to stay resilient and adapt as needed.

Are there any signs that indicate I am on the right track?

Yes, there are several signs that can indicate you are on the right track, such as meeting milestones, receiving positive feedback from others, and feeling a sense of fulfillment and progress towards your goals. However, it is important to regularly reassess and adjust your path as needed to ensure continued progress.

Is being on the right track a guarantee of success?

While being on the right track can increase your chances of success, it is not a guarantee. There are often unforeseen obstacles and challenges that may arise, and it is important to be resilient and adaptable in order to overcome them. It is also important to define success for yourself and not solely rely on external validation or measures.