Analogue Oscillator: 2 Applications Explained

• Thread starter Craplegend
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Oscillator
In summary: On that line of thought, where would you expect to find another need, then?I also need 2 for a filter...If you're looking for an oscillator, then you might need one in a transmitter. If you're looking for filter applications, you might find them in timekeeping or communication electronics.
Craplegend
What are 2 applications of an oscillator circuit, I need help with this!? I can only find one...

:frown:

thanks for any help

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hi Craplegend! http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif

What is the one application you know of?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank-you for the welcome :D

For use in a transmitter, that's the one I know

I also need 2 for a filter...

Craplegend said:
Thank-you for the welcome :D

For use in a transmitter, that's the one I know
Fair enough. On that line of thought, where would you expect to find another need, then?

I also need 2 for a filter...
Sorry? Is that an answer, or another question, or what??

NascentOxygen said:
Sorry? Is that an answer, or another question, or what??

It was a statement;
I need to find 2 system applications for each of these...

Amplifier,oscillator, Voltage Regulator, Filter and timer.

Need help2 with Finding one for an oscillator and 2 applications for a filter circuit :confused:

If you recognize you need a sinusoidal oscillator in a transmitter, then it's a fair bet that one would also be needed in a ...?...

Are you getting your internet as DSL over the phone lines?

BTW, you are supposed to post homework questions in the homework forum so that kind-hearted respondents receive a subtle reminder not to supply overly generous answers. After all, it is your homework, so should involve evidence of your own endeavour.

If you try to find all kinds of technology with modulation/demodulation, then you will find lots of oscillators. If you consider the transmitter example you gave, you could break that down into more specific functions like VCOs. Searching applications of VCOs should give a lot of hints even outside of transmitters.

Also, think of time keeping electronics. They use precision periodic signals.

Filter circuits is easy. Wikipedia's article should give you more than 2 examples. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_filter look in the "See also" section.

This assignment should be really easy with the internet unless you're confused about what these components are.

You could think of some much lower frequencies for another application.

Ok thankyou for the help so far :-)

sorry I didn't post this in the correct place, just checking out filter circuits now.

What is an analogue oscillator and how does it work?

An analogue oscillator is an electronic circuit that produces a repetitive, fluctuating signal. It works by converting a direct current (DC) input into an alternating current (AC) output, which can then be used for various purposes such as generating sound or measuring frequencies.

What are the two main applications of an analogue oscillator?

The two main applications of an analogue oscillator are signal generation and frequency measurement. In signal generation, the oscillator is used to produce a specific type of waveform, such as sine, square, or triangle waves, which can be used in audio equipment, radio transmitters, and other electronic devices. In frequency measurement, the oscillator is used to generate a known frequency that is compared to an unknown frequency, allowing for precise measurement of the unknown frequency.

What are some common types of analogue oscillators?

Some common types of analogue oscillators include the Wien bridge oscillator, Colpitts oscillator, and Hartley oscillator. These are all based on different circuit configurations and have their own unique characteristics and applications. Other types include the phase-shift oscillator, crystal oscillator, and voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO).

What is the difference between a digital and analogue oscillator?

A digital oscillator produces a digital output, which means the output signal can only have two possible states: high or low. An analogue oscillator, on the other hand, produces an analogue output, which can have a continuous range of values. This makes analogue oscillators more versatile and suitable for applications that require precise control over the output signal.

What are some factors to consider when choosing an analogue oscillator?

When choosing an analogue oscillator, some important factors to consider include the frequency range, stability, accuracy, and power consumption. The type of waveform and output voltage also play a role in selecting the right oscillator for a specific application. Additionally, cost and size may also be important considerations depending on the application.