Another Integral for PI(x)

• Thread starter eljose
  • Start date
For the love of God man, where do you get of comparing yourself to Ramanujan?

In another thread you insulted the mathematical abilities of Gauss and Riemann, after mispelling the latter's name.

It's amazing anyone pays you any attention at all.

matt grime
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
eljose said:
well in this case my function would be useful to expresss the values of Pi(z) z=a+bi this is completely new and perhaps useful,

And it might be completely pointless.

Ramunajan was a self taught genius. You have had the benefits of a university education.

Last edited:
matt grime said:
And it might be completely pointless.

Ramunajan was a self taught genius. You have had the benefits of a university education.

I have read the Ramanujan,s notebook and most of their discoveries were useful for nothing,can,t calculate primes or obtain the zeros of Riemann functin. in fact most of number theory is useless in practical life (as told by several math teachers) and is only valid as an entertainment...

apart from my formula for evaluationg Pi(z) wiht z complex (this is completely new so i think it could be published) i have discovered a relationship between the two series [tex]\sum_pf(p) and \sum_1^{\infty}(-1)^{n}f(n)[/tex] via an Euler transform so it can be useful to compute sums over primes

I think that a response from teacher i sent my work saying "sorry we are very snob and only want famous people work" would do them no harm (sincerity is the best policy :) )

Last edited:
arildno
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
But, eljose:
Do you agree that calculating the Laplace or Fourier transform of a function does not constitute sufficient research?

If you do agree to this, why should the computing of the Mellin transform of a function be regarded as sufficient research?

Last edited:
Yes arildno..but my double Mellin inverse transform gives you the prime number counting function for any x, The Meelin inverse is related to the fourier transform and this last one can be computed fast numerically (fast fourier transform) Ramanujan Gauss and Riemann themselves couldn,t discover my formula....

To deadwolf:at least Ramanujan was given a chance to publish his formulae by Hardy,i wish i had a good teacher like Hardy to help me with my math and physics...:)

matt grime
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
If you are going to make wild claims such as no one has ever written down a funtion defined on C such that values at integers are equal to the values of pi, then you ought at least to go away and check if that is true or not. I can think of many extensions to C.

As we keep pointing out, simply writing down a transformation isn't research. Do some work with it.

You may be an undiscovered genius, and if you keep going the way you are now that is how you'll stay. - insulting those whose approval you need isn't going to win you many supporters. You don't actually appear to want to learn any mathematics, or do any mathematics. Instead you seem content to write out elementary formulae that anyone could find. How about reading the papers of Selberg, Conrey, Odlyzko, Ono. Wiles, Green, Keating, et al to see what some real maths looks like? Then perhaps you can make a value judgement on your find.