Solving for Speed in Elevator Motor Operation

• Thread starter demode
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Law Work
In summary, the conversation discusses how to solve for the maximum speed of an elevator with a 20-kilowatt motor and a weight of 10,000 N. The person initially struggles with finding the necessary variables to solve for power, but then realizes that power can be calculated using the formula P = F * V. This allows them to easily find the maximum speed of the elevator.
demode
The prompt:

"A 20-kilowatt motor operates an elevator weighing 10,000 N. What is the maximum speed at which the motor can raise the elevator?"

How can i solve for speed?

I know that power = work / time, and work = force * distance, but I cannot solve for work because I only know a force without a distance, and I cannot solve for power because I don't know work NOR time... What am i missing here?

**EDIT**

Wow I just realized that P = w/t = f*d/t = f * d/t = F*V

With that being said, I can use P = F*V, or in my case, 20000 = 10000*X... Right?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yup. That works quite well.

Haha, thanks mate..

I hate making posts on here and realizing literally 5 seconds afterwards that I understand it :)

1. What is the purpose of the "Another Law of Work question" in scientific research?

The purpose of the "Another Law of Work question" is to investigate and analyze a specific aspect of work or labor through the lens of scientific methods and principles. It allows researchers to uncover new knowledge and contribute to the understanding of the complex systems and processes involved in work.

2. How is the "Another Law of Work question" formulated?

The "Another Law of Work question" is typically formulated by identifying a specific problem or phenomenon related to work, and then developing a clear and testable research question that will guide the investigation. This question should be relevant, specific, and based on previous research or theories.

3. What are the common methods used to study "Another Law of Work question"?

There are several methods that can be used to study the "Another Law of Work question", including surveys, interviews, experiments, and observational studies. The choice of method will depend on the research question, the type of data needed, and the resources available.

4. How does the "Another Law of Work question" contribute to scientific knowledge?

The "Another Law of Work question" contributes to scientific knowledge by providing new insights, theories, and evidence about work and labor. It can help to expand our understanding of the social, economic, and psychological factors that influence work, and inform policies and practices to improve working conditions and productivity.

5. What are some potential ethical considerations when studying "Another Law of Work question"?

Some potential ethical considerations when studying the "Another Law of Work question" include ensuring the protection of human subjects, respecting confidentiality and privacy, and obtaining informed consent from participants. It is also important to consider the potential impact of the research on individuals and communities, and to adhere to ethical guidelines and regulations set by scientific institutions and governing bodies.