"ANSYS Workbench" Contact tool results plotting vs length?

In summary, the conversation is about plotting contact tool results in ANSYS workbench. The speaker is looking for a way to plot these results with length on the x-axis instead of time. They mention that the path method cannot be used for this type of results and ask for suggestions or help.
Ahmed Mirghani
Hello ansys users

in ANSYS workbench, how can I plot the contact tool results (Frictional stress, sliding distance...etc) with length (500mm for example) in the "x-axis" instead of the default "by time" option?. the path method can not be used with this type of results "Contact tool results". any help or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Ahmed Mirghani said:
Hello ansys users

in ANSYS workbench, how can I plot the contact tool results (Frictional stress, sliding distance...etc) with length (500mm for example) in the "x-axis" instead of the default "by time" option?. the path method can not be used with this type of results "Contact tool results". any help or suggestions will be highly appreciated.
salam mr ahmed
dis moi est ce que tu as recu de reponse sur cette question car je veux faire la meme chose mais j'arrive pas.
merci

1. What is the purpose of the ANSYS Workbench Contact tool?

The ANSYS Workbench Contact tool is used for simulating and analyzing the contact behavior between two or more parts in a mechanical system. It helps to determine the contact forces, stresses, and displacements between the parts.

2. How do I plot the results of the ANSYS Workbench Contact tool?

To plot the results of the ANSYS Workbench Contact tool, you can use the "Plot" option in the "Solution" section of the tool. This will allow you to select the desired results, such as contact forces or stresses, and plot them as a function of time or length.

3. Can I customize the length over which the results are plotted?

Yes, you can customize the length over which the results are plotted by adjusting the "Length" option in the "Plot" section. This allows you to specify a specific length or time range for the results to be plotted.

4. How does the length of the plotted results affect the accuracy of the simulation?

The length of the plotted results does not affect the accuracy of the simulation. The plotted results are based on the data from the entire simulation, and adjusting the length only changes the range over which the results are displayed.

5. Can I compare the results of different contact lengths in ANSYS Workbench?

Yes, you can compare the results of different contact lengths in ANSYS Workbench by using the "Compare Results" option in the "Solution" section. This allows you to plot and compare the results from different contact lengths in the same graph for easy analysis.