Anyone tried taking notes on a tablet?

• MHB
  • Thread starter find_the_fun
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Notes
In summary, It is recommended to use a program like Emacs which has quick commands for all the environments, including math symbols. It is also suggested to create shortcuts for commonly used commands to make note-taking more efficient. Additionally, there may be specific apps designed for taking notes in a math class, but they may not have the same capabilities as a program like Emacs.
find_the_fun
I just got a tablet and am wondering, are there any good apps for taking notes in a math class? I'd rather not have to type out all the LaTex in class, I think that would be too distracting for me. Is there a keyboard or something that comes with math symbols?

Computer science news on Phys.org
find_the_fun said:
I just got a tablet and am wondering, are there any good apps for taking notes in a math class? I'd rather not have to type out all the LaTex in class, I think that would be too distracting for me. Is there a keyboard or something that comes with math symbols?

Declare a bunch of commands for shortcuts and use Emacs which has quick commands for all the environments.

A tablet will horrbile to take technical notes on.

1. How effective is taking notes on a tablet compared to traditional paper and pen?

Taking notes on a tablet can be just as effective as using traditional methods. Tablets often have features such as handwriting recognition and note-taking apps that make the process efficient and easy to organize.

2. Are there any drawbacks to taking notes on a tablet?

Some people may find it difficult to adjust to writing on a screen rather than on paper. Additionally, tablets require battery life and can be a distraction if used for other purposes during note-taking.

3. Can I access my notes from a tablet on other devices?

Most tablets have cloud storage options, allowing you to access your notes from other devices such as laptops or smartphones. This makes it easy to review and edit your notes on multiple devices.

4. What type of tablet is best for taking notes?

The best tablet for taking notes depends on personal preference and budget. However, models with a stylus and note-taking apps specifically designed for note-taking tend to be popular choices among students and professionals.

5. Are there any tips for taking notes on a tablet?

It is essential to keep your tablet charged and organized, just as you would with a notebook. Utilizing features such as color-coding and folders can also help keep your notes structured and easy to review. Additionally, practicing handwriting on the tablet can improve the overall note-taking experience.